WA Delegate: The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper (elected )
Regional Power: High
Today's World Census Report
The Most Authoritarian in Stargate
World Census staff loitered innocuously in various public areas and recorded the length of time that passed before they were approached by dark-suited officials.
As a region, Stargate is ranked 10,966th in the world for Most Authoritarian.
|41.||The Republic of Artichoke Heart||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“As”|
|42.||The Republic of Jefferson Utopia||New York Times Democracy||“Liberty or Death”|
|43.||The United States of Quqa||Left-wing Utopia||“Merry me”|
|44.||The Dominion of Niaqornat||Capitalist Paradise||“Whiskey Tango Foxtrot”|
|45.||The SG-1 Team Leader of Jack ONeill||Civil Rights Lovefest||“It's O'Neill with two 'l's!”|
|46.||The Wrapperian Puddle Jumpers of Ergonomic Union||Left-Leaning College State||“Repetition is our enemy.”|
|47.||The Mallorean Puppet of Avir||Left-Leaning College State||“Woot woot”|
|48.||The Righteous Province of Southern Jurichstan||Left-wing Utopia||“Ius ad libertatem”|
|49.||The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper||Left-wing Utopia||“Paradise is just a wormhole away.”|
|50.||The Dominion of X-burden||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Be aware!”|
Last poll: “Should we enable Regional Officers?”
- : Portmantea ceased to exist.
- : Peoples republic of the northwest ceased to exist.
- : The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper appointed The Free Lands of Lieutenant Colonel Tyler Claymore as ROTC Recruiter with authority over Communications in Stargate.
- : The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper appointed The Ancient TAO Soul of NTO-08 as Secretary of State (interim) with authority over Border Control and Embassies in Stargate.
- : The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper appointed The OBI Mercenary Colonel of WaffenBrightonburg as Secretary of Defense with authority over Border Control in Stargate.
- : The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper appointed The Solar Authority of Casl as Executive Officer with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Stargate.
- : The Falangist of Redsection of the region Solid Kingdom proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper updated the World Factbook entry.
- : The Republic of Lifebane departed this region for The Rejected Realms.
- : The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper ejected The Republic of Lifebane from the region.
Stargate Regional Message Board
In terms of Game mechanics, it is the founder's right to determine ROs. In the absence of a founder, the delegate has the authority to choose ROs. WHO the delegate chooses as a RO is a matter of trust. If the delegate does not know a nation (or elected officer of the region), then the delegate should appoint someone in the region that is well known and can be trusted.
While true that ROs can cut both ways, we live in a world where bad people do bad things in regions not their own. Always having to wait for a delegate to arrive for the clean-up on aisle 7 is frustrating. Surely there is someone everyone in the region can agree on. The advantage to ROs is that one need not be a WA nation to be appointed.
A fair point TAO. I think we'd look the the criteria of trustworthiness and activity.
It would be helpful if others in the region voted in the poll before it closes.
This is true but, as we've seen, if something happens to the Commanding Officer, the XO needs to be a WA nation if it's going to step into the CO role.
The poll has closed, Regional Officers have been assigned, and at my own discretion I added TAO's NTO-08 nation as an officer, filling the open Secretary of State position. TAO is one of the nations I implicitly trust here, and the NTO-08 puppet has a great deal more influence than a lot of other nations, making it an obvious choice as a Border Control officer.
Makes sense, didn't have a chance to vote but i'll have more time to check in from now on and I'd have supported RO's anyway.
TAO, I might be mistaken, but didn't you say you were going to phase out your NTO-08 nation? If so, then Wrapper may want to use one of your other puppets that you plan on keeping around.
Yes, this is true, but TAO told me the NTO-08 puppet would stick around, too much influence to waste. That's why I appointed that one as an officer instead of -TA0-.
Yep. Having been XO for a couple years and gaining a boatload of Influence by it made me realize I can't retire 08 -- and the ability to have non-WA ROs makes any high influence nation a potential Guardian.
While I run OBI as a feudal enterprise,I can see the worth of RO for large regions..more sets of eyes on a region is good..