WA Delegate: The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper (elected )
Regional Power: High
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Welfare Programs in Stargate
Governments ranked highly spend large amounts of money on social welfare programs. Nations ranked low tend to have weak or non-existent government welfare.
As a region, Stargate is ranked 403rd in the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
|21.||The Republic of Xylomar||Left-Leaning College State||“Fly on your own wings!”|
|22.||The New TAO Order -NTO- Clone of -TA0-||Psychotic Dictatorship||“Making the World a Better Place ... just by being here”|
|23.||The Ancient TAO Soul of NTO-08||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Hmmm”|
|24.||The Dominion of X-burden||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Be aware!”|
|25.||The Republic of Dravonio||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Raise above yourself!”|
|26.||The Free Land of The Doomed Planet of Tollana||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“What your mind doesn't know, your heart fills in.”|
|27.||The Royal Colony of Portmantea||Democratic Socialists||“Gemma noster dux reverentior!”|
|28.||The OBI Mercenary Colonel of WaffenBrightonburg||Father Knows Best State||“ ☠ DEATHS HEAD HUSSAR”|
|29.||The OMG AGAIN of KAbLaH II||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“KAbLaH”|
|30.||The Federation of LostSole||Democratic Socialists||“Flee, Flee for your lives”|
Last poll: “Should we enable Regional Officers?”
- : Peoples republic of the northwest ceased to exist.
- : The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper appointed The Free Lands of Lieutenant Colonel Tyler Claymore as ROTC Recruiter with authority over Communications in Stargate.
- : The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper appointed The Ancient TAO Soul of NTO-08 as Secretary of State (interim) with authority over Border Control and Embassies in Stargate.
- : The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper appointed The OBI Mercenary Colonel of WaffenBrightonburg as Secretary of Defense with authority over Border Control in Stargate.
- : The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper appointed The Solar Authority of Casl as Executive Officer with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Stargate.
- : The Falangist of Redsection of the region Solid Kingdom proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper updated the World Factbook entry.
- : The Republic of Lifebane departed this region for The Rejected Realms.
- : The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper ejected The Republic of Lifebane from the region.
- : The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper created a new regional poll: "Should we enable Regional Officers?".
Stargate Regional Message Board
So I completely forgot about Nation States and I got a notification that I was about to be deleted Woops.
Important poll is up. I played around with the Regional Officers tools during the test phase in Monkey Island and Monty Python. I think they are a useful tool in keeping our region secure. However, General Hammond didn't seem to keen on implementing ROs when they first came out.
Please vote. One vote per player please, don't spam vote with puppets (full disclosure: The Nox and Tollana are RP puppets of mine and Ergo Union is a shared nation, those nations won't vote).
My opinion is that RO's can cut both ways. The powers given should never be given unless we trust that nation as much as we trust the delegate.
Indeed, particularly true with Border Control.
In terms of Game mechanics, it is the founder's right to determine ROs. In the absence of a founder, the delegate has the authority to choose ROs. WHO the delegate chooses as a RO is a matter of trust. If the delegate does not know a nation (or elected officer of the region), then the delegate should appoint someone in the region that is well known and can be trusted.
While true that ROs can cut both ways, we live in a world where bad people do bad things in regions not their own. Always having to wait for a delegate to arrive for the clean-up on aisle 7 is frustrating. Surely there is someone everyone in the region can agree on. The advantage to ROs is that one need not be a WA nation to be appointed.
A fair point TAO. I think we'd look the the criteria of trustworthiness and activity.
It would be helpful if others in the region voted in the poll before it closes.
This is true but, as we've seen, if something happens to the Commanding Officer, the XO needs to be a WA nation if it's going to step into the CO role.
The poll has closed, Regional Officers have been assigned, and at my own discretion I added TAO's NTO-08 nation as an officer, filling the open Secretary of State position. TAO is one of the nations I implicitly trust here, and the NTO-08 puppet has a great deal more influence than a lot of other nations, making it an obvious choice as a Border Control officer.