Pony Lands RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Pony Principality of Princess Luna (elected 339 days ago)

Founder: The Pony Principality of Magical Equestria

World Factbook Entry

We've got ponies, therefore your argument is invalid.

Welcome to NationStates' original My Little Pony-themed region. Anyone wishing to RP a nation based on any part of the MLP franchise is welcome to set up shop here.

Our Regional Maps: LinkPony Lands LinkNorthern Pony Lands

PONY-THEMED NS FORUM THREADS

Pony Lands Map Discussion
CoPS RP Group
The Shift: An Update on the State of Holy Marsh (Reactions)
Glory to the God Princess: The Celestial War (Closed)
The Celestial Negotiations (Pony Lands: See OOC)
The Celestial Negotiations OOC Thread

Embassies: Equestria, New Lunar Republic, Orbital Friendship Cannon HQ, Tareldanore, Dash Clan, The Commonwealth Of Furry Peoples, Angels of Derp, Trojans, Mystria, Avalanchia, The Empire of Friendship, Vissella, Caballete Equus, Alaran peri quan preciad, Unified Skaian Syndicate of Rulers, The Epic Pony Region, and 29 others.Eladen, Sacrum Romanum Imperium, Farkistan, The Mictlan System, Strategos Prime, Glorious Nations of Iwaku, The Federal Islands 2nd Gen, NationStates Sesquipedalian Countries, League of Christian Nations, Armagedox, Freedom and Justice Alliance, The Darwin Allied Republics, The Discord Dominion, The Derpy Dominion, Yerushalem VI, Louisiana Alliance x Alliance Louisiane, Tuatha De Danann, One big Island, Ivory Tower, New Industria, Interstellar Union, The Military Commonwealth, The Illuminati, The Sparkle Confederation, Brannack, Pirate warriors, Eientei, the Realm of Discord, and My Little Pony Equestria.

Construction of embassies with The Everfree Forest has commenced. Completion expected in 1 day 1 hour.

Tags: Enormous, Featured, Fantasy Tech, Multi-Species, Magical, and Monarchist.

Regional Power: High

Pony Lands contains 186 nations, the 57th most in the world.

ActivityHistoryAdministration

Today's World Census Report

The Most Extreme in Pony Lands

The World Census developed the following ranking based on a rather vague survey of nations to uncover 'odd or fundamentalist social, economic, or political systems'.

As a region, Pony Lands is ranked 9,300th in the world for Most Extreme.

#NationWA CategoryMotto
11.The Free Land of PonytaniaLiberal Democratic Socialists“Ponies!!!”
12.The Empire of ChangetriaWA MemberCorporate Police State“We will use your happiness and love to rule you.”
13.The Transdimensional Empire of Combined Universal UnionIron Fist Consumerists“Bring unity by any means necessary”
14.The Republic of The FiremindPsychotic Dictatorship“(Zv)90 (ENW)90t = 1”
15.The Equine Empire of SwedesiaCorrupt Dictatorship“Unity in Tolerance, Valor in Duty, Honour in Friendship”
16.The Elitist Earth Pony of Diamond TiaraCompulsory Consumerist State“All Power to the Wealthy”
17.The Extremely Holy Theocracy of Extreme Religious FanaticsPsychotic Dictatorship“Religious to an Absurd Degree”
18.The Republic of EnergiaIron Fist Consumerists“Enq Grde urlnu nevedum.”
19.The True Ponies' Republic of East EquestriaPsychotic Dictatorship“Unitaxĕ nos extandont; Unitaxĕ nos traviat”
20.The Free Land of Port MyrealWA MemberCivil Rights Lovefest“Loosen up a bit, be positive, have some fun”
Page:  «  1  2  3  4  5  . . . 18  19  »

Regional Happenings

More...

Pony Lands Regional Message Board

Citizens staged a mass protest against 'monolithic' tax rates after the government recently instituted the 'Anything That's Purple' tax.

Well I'm screwed. Almost everything in my nation has purple in it. Even my pretty mane.

The Empire of Arcanium of Mars wrote:Citizens staged a mass protest against 'monolithic' tax rates after the government recently instituted the 'Anything That's Purple' tax.

Well I'm screwed. Almost everything in my nation has purple in it. Even my pretty mane.

Nobody really that much cares, but anyway.

The Principality of Trotterdam wrote:...Barbaric technology? Like trains, hot air balloons, cameras, record players, printing presses...

The Colony of Nord Amour Navy wrote:Equestria makes up for its barbaric technology with its advanced societal structure. Everypony lives a simple, honest, happy-go-lucky life.

Their technology is incredibly "barbaric," "primitive," etc, when compared to how they interact socially. My biggest point was that Equestrian technology seems to lag behind Equestrian values.

Their government, despite being an absolute monarchy, appears incredibly corruption-free. (Although banishment to the moon is questionable... and turning Discord into stone. Their system of justice clearly isn't too advanced.) Moreover, their military is pathetic, which isn't necessarily bad, because it implies an extended period of peace. And there is the point I made previously that for whatever reason, friendship seems to have some mystical properties. The only means by which the ponies could have learned to exploit this was by being nice.

The Zombie Survival Federation of Squeeheart wrote:The characters do not need combat training in order to know how to effectively fight. They just need to know how to apply their usual skills to an unusual situation.

You kinda do against Trained soldiers unless you result to cheap shots or unfair combat e.g throwing sand in eyes, groin shots and nipple cripples etc

The Empire of Arcanium of Mars wrote:Citizens staged a mass protest against 'monolithic' tax rates after the government recently instituted the 'Anything That's Purple' tax.

Well I'm screwed. Almost everything in my nation has purple in it. Even my pretty mane.


Heh, time to switch colour then.

The Federation of New Russian Directorate wrote:Unfortunately, the Wonderbolts and the Royal Guard aren't modernized. They don't have guns, vehicles, aircraft, and vessels - unlike the Armed Forces of the United States of Amareica, the Germane Empire, the Germane Third Reich, the United Kingdom, Prance, Veneighzuela, Novaya Marerussia, the United States of Chineigh, the Fillypines, and several others. Equestria, the Crystal Empire, Concordia, Henosis, the Black Islands, the Griffon Kingdom, and Saddle Arabia aren't modernized.

I agree.

The Federation of New Russian Directorate wrote:Unfortunately, the Wonderbolts and the Royal Guard aren't modernized. They don't have guns, vehicles, aircraft, and vessels - unlike the Armed Forces of the United States of Amareica, the Germane Empire, the Germane Third Reich, the United Kingdom, Prance, Veneighzuela, Novaya Marerussia, the United States of Chineigh, the Fillypines, and several others. Equestria, the Crystal Empire, Concordia, Henosis, the Black Islands, the Griffon Kingdom, and Saddle Arabia aren't modernized.

This is probably because this is mainly a story about six pony friends and their friendship adventures instead of epic battles between horses (even if the show may feature epic battles). Also needing to be taken into account is no one really knows what year or era any of this takes place. It's obvious this doesn't even take place in a world with humans, so the ponies basically have to invent their own technology.

The Zombie Survival Federation of Squeeheart wrote:This is probably because this is mainly a story about six pony friends and their friendship adventures instead of epic battles between horses (even if the show may feature epic battles). Also needing to be taken into account is no one really knows what year or era any of this takes place. It's obvious this doesn't even take place in a world with humans, so the ponies basically have to invent their own technology.

Also take into account that since all of them are sapient, the unicorns would have ruled supreme if people take into account realism. The magic-weilders could manipulate small objects, delicate pieces of machinery that would ensure their dominance.

The Industrial States of Stahlarev wrote:Also take into account that since all of them are sapient, the unicorns would have ruled supreme if people take into account realism. The magic-weilders could manipulate small objects, delicate pieces of machinery that would ensure their dominance.

And not take into account the Hearth's Warming Eve episode?

Also, realism? In a world with talking ponies and magic? That's just silly! Besides racists aren't known for love and tolerance, and would thus ruin the mood of this show.

I'm not sure how Fluttershy can sew, but since according to canon she obviously can, manipulating small objects doesn't seem too limiting.

I do agree that unicorn magic seems more useful than what the other pony tribes get (even though flight is pretty neat), but it wouldn't inevitably lead to dominance, especially since combat is one area where brute force (and staying out of your enemies' reach) can be pretty useful, especially at lower levels of technology.

It's also possible to interpret unicorns as having once been in charge (they seem to be cast as nobles far more often than other ponies), but their power having been eroded in recent times due to civil rights movements. (Where "recent times" might be "starting over a thousand years ago", because Celestia.)

Forum View

by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics