WA Delegate (non-executive): The Lazy Euphoria of Billfania (elected 225 days ago)
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Most Cultured in Peace
After spending many tedious hours in coffee shops and concert halls, World Census experts have found the following nations to be the most cultured.
As a region, Peace is ranked 2,373rd in the world for Most Cultured.
- 17 days ago: The Borderlands of ElmoClyde arrived from Osiris.
- 19 days ago: The Dictatorship of Asgarath ceased to exist.
- 22 days ago: The Empire of Berdanvia of the region Brannack proposed constructing embassies.
- 35 days ago: The Democratic Republic of The Lands of Lorasia arrived from Lazarus.
- 39 days ago: The Free Land of The peoples voice ceased to exist.
- 70 days ago: The Empire of Depali-Lipade ceased to exist.
- 88 days ago: The Badlands Beyond the Brink of The Bizarre of the region The Illuminati proposed constructing embassies.
- 101 days ago: Depali-lipade arrived from Allied States of Ultimate Supremacy.
- 101 days ago: The Republic of Terra Divinia of the region The Remnants of the Mian Empire proposed constructing embassies.
- 104 days ago: The Badlands Beyond the Brink of The Bizarre of the region The Illuminati proposed constructing embassies.
Peace Regional Message Board
peace..... *hick* no danger thingies.... *hick*
Oh right, Pippi Longstocking. Sorry.
No problem. Do you have any favourite fiction that have a theme of peace/war/nonviolent resistance?
I guess The Moon is a Harsh Mistress is my favourite. By Robert Anson Heinlein.
Sounds interesting. A Sci Fi classic. I have not read it yet.
Post by Minas tyrrith suppressed by Apaguak.
Heinlein was a classic and pretty p;rolific writer. Have you read anything by him? I recommend Moon is Harsh Mistress and Children of Methuselah as easy reads.
I love peace:)
Not so far really. I want to try them. Sci Fi is not an easy genre to get into if one isn't familiar with it. But I remember, I have read The Cyberiad short stories by Stanisław Lem.
Just for amusement: currently The Most Pacifist in Peace
The State on a Path to Peace of A Pacifist
The Peaceful Kingdom of Tel Fyr Mora
The Brothers Lionheart of Nangijala
The Most Serene Republic of Pirouettes
The Democratic Republic of The Lands of Lorasia
The Free Land of The peoples voice
The Theocracy of Blue Dog Anchorite
The Mariah Carey of It is like that
The Lazy Euphoria of Billfania
The United Socialist States of Wonderboom
But the stats are secondary, as we've all chosen this region. :)
And I'd like to propose a conversation topic: Right Livelihood Award.
What do you think of it? Any recipients you find especially noteworthy?