Osiris RMB

WA Delegate: The Love is Love of Cormactopia II (elected )

BoardActivity History Admin Rank

Most Nations: 8th Most World Assembly Endorsements: 766th Largest Black Market: 1,894th
World Factbook Entry

Welcome to Osiris! #LoveIsLove

Osiris is a Sinker region where nations are resurrected after ceasing to exist. Welcome back, and we hope you enjoy your time here!

Community Links: LinkRegional Forum | LinkForum Registration | LinkCitizenship Application


WA nations, please endorse the Pharaoh: Cormactopia II and his Heir Apparent: Neo Kervoskia.

Please also endorse the Priests of Osiris: The Dourian Embassy, Ikand, and Zaolat.

The Heir Apparent has a limit of 100 endorsements. Priests have a limit of 85 endorsements. All other residents have a limit of 30 endorsements. Please respect these limits for the security of Osiris.


RMB Topic: Do you have pets? Tell us about them!



Embassies: Balder, The East Pacific, the Pacific, the Rejected Realms, the South Pacific, the West Pacific, Ainur, The Allied States, Antarctic Oasis, Auralia, The Brotherhood of Malice, The Coalition of Democratic Nations, The Communist Bloc, Eientei Gensokyo, Equilism, Equinox, and 20 others.Europe, Gay, Glass Gallows, The Glorious Nations of Iwaku, HYDRA Command, International Democratic Union, The Internationale, The Land of Kings and Emperors, Lone Wolves United, Monkey Island, NationStates, The New Galactic Empire, New Hyperion, New Warsaw Pact, North Korea, The Red and Black, Unknown, Warzone Europe, The Western Isles, and Yggdrasil.

Tags: Anti-Fascist, National Sovereigntist, Offsite Forums, General Assembly, Security Council, Game Player, Featured, Regional Government, Issues Player, LGBT, Social, Fantasy Tech, and 8 others.Past Tech, Role Player, Founderless, Multi-Species, Gargantuan, Magical, Sinker, and World Assembly.

Regional Power: Very High

Osiris contains 4,199 nations, the 8th most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Most Politically Apathetic Citizens in Osiris

These results were determined by seeing how many citizens of each nation answered a recent World Census survey on the local political situation by ticking the "Don't Give a Damn" box.

As a region, Osiris is ranked 13,074th in the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.

NationWA CategoryMotto
2,661.The Democratic Republic of AeostelDemocratic Socialists“Nyoom.”
2,662.The Borg of Greater VanbarDemocratic Socialists“Forward on to tomorrow! Leave the past behind!”
2,663.The People's Republic of Unified AngolaIron Fist Consumerists“People's best interests, whether they know it or not.”
2,664.The Dictatorship of ZinteriorityFather Knows Best State“Opus hodie, cras vivere.”
2,665.The Direct democracy of SyklavinInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Every man is born equal”
2,666.The Rogue Nation of 54eFather Knows Best State“hannah montana”
2,667.The Free Land of Tiger RockDemocratic Socialists“Only show the characteristics of a Tiger. Pride”
2,668.The Reich of Emperial GermanyFather Knows Best State“For the Fatherland!”
2,669.The Empire of Gooby pls stahpIron Fist Consumerists“Dolan y u do dis”
2,670.The Republic of The LostPeopleLiberal Democratic Socialists“Forever lost! REMEMBER!”
«12. . .264265266267268269270. . .419420»

Regional Happenings

More...

Osiris Regional Message Board

The Erins of Aellas wrote:Awh, why didn't you guys go with the other flag? It looked so much better :p


Because I don't support it. Sure people dying will always be a tragedy. But as you have your beliefs I have mine.

DACOROMANIA

The Constitutional Republic of Ivy Rekkia wrote:I chose to quote your comment given that you mention the upcoming American Presidential Election.
Now, the EU Referendum has lead to me and many others losing respect for politics. Hatred towards each other based on political differences will very much lead to terrible politics.
Then why, is Donald Trump running for President? A bigot, a racist, and a discriminatory president has managed to make his way this far. Of the 52% of people who voted for Britain to leave the EU, a copious amount chose that option based on immigration, promoting xenophobia. This really has allowed me to reflect on the upcoming American Presidential Election and opens the eyes of many. It really has opened my eyes to the racist, prejudicial people who support Donald Trump for hatred of one ethnic group or race. As a black man, I am not necessarily hating those people for supporting Donald Trump's ideas of banning immigration, et cetera. But rather showing the racism that still lingers silently throughout many parts of the US.
Donald Trump's ideas are radical, and after Donald Trump has planned to 'build a wall', get rid of Mexicans and get rid of Muslims, should we then empathise with him or his campaign? Would that calm his radical ideas or would it rather enforce his ideas and ideology? Or would it rather allow him to do as he pleases, and say what he wishes. Should we then listen to his Trumpist ideas, (I know, Trumpism isn't a thing, but I made it up ;^)) and let him speak words of hatred, malice and discrimination?


I would not blame you for being bitter as a black man exposed to the cruelties of prejudice visited upon you but I can challenge you to overcome that bitterness because as a gay man, I too can understand prejudice in a very personal way.

But not everyone who supports Donald Trump does so because they are racist or hateful. We make assumptions that his supporters have the same understanding of him as we do when this is not so often the case because far too often people are willing to invest themselves in a candidate with only the most basic understanding of who they are and what they stand for, especially in this day and age where technology has fostered a pack mentality that can reach every corner of the country.

This is why dialogue is important. The modern political process is promulgated through sound bites and catchphrases. People have flocked to Trump because they want to "Make America Great Again." They won't bother with explaining how this should be done because the opposition does not expect them too. We have shut them out.

If we make the opposition out to be our enemies, they will not remain open to the idea that they may be wrong because we have put them on the defensive. If there was ever a man who stopped his racism, was it because people hated him for it or rather he realized the people he himself hated were not so different from himself?

Ananeticca

I fell down the stairs and broke my leg, now I'm in hospital.

The Aristocratic Republic of North Aurelia wrote:I would not blame you for being bitter as a black man exposed to the cruelties of prejudice visited upon you but I can challenge you to overcome that bitterness because as a gay man, I too can understand prejudice in a very personal way.
But not everyone who supports Donald Trump does so because they are racist or hateful. We make assumptions that his supporters have the same understanding of him as we do when this is not so often the case because far too often people are willing to invest themselves in a candidate with only the most basic understanding of who they are and what they stand for, especially in this day and age where technology has fostered a pack mentality that can reach every corner of the country.
This is why dialogue is important. The modern political process is promulgated through sound bites and catchphrases. People have flocked to Trump because they want to "Make America Great Again." They won't bother with explaining how this should be done because the opposition does not expect them too. We have shut them out.
If we make the opposition out to be our enemies, they will not remain open to the idea that they may be wrong because we have put them on the defensive. If there was ever a man who stopped his racism, was it because people hated him for it or rather he realized the people he himself hated were not so different from himself?


I did not clearly state that every person who supports Trump has the same racist, narcissistic and discriminatory ideas as him. I simply said an abundant fragment of his supporters support him for that reason.
They may want to 'Make America Great Again', but the methods that they wish to take in order to reach that goal, you must understand, include building a wall to keep Mexican migrants out, and getting rid of Muslims.
They don't want to explain how they'll 'Make America Great Again', because, they have little plans. Trump has said he'll make America great again, but hasn't stated what steps he'll take. He expects it to happen, because he's rich and handsome. He's a joke, and an embarrassment, and the fact that a person like him is running for the Presidential election is repugnant.
It is exceptionally significant that one listens to another in order to understand certain political beliefs. Everyone should have the right to speak as they wish to speak, and do as they wish to do. Without freedom of speech, we'd be controlled by dictatorships. But, you must understand that there is a point to where that can go. If you let someone conduct hate speeches and other negative ways of expressing radical views too much, they will inspire others to do the same, and be able to go as far as Trump has. If one hates homosexuals, or hates blacks, or hates females, then one should maintain their right to say that. But going as far as 'Homosexuals are bad for the environment', or 'females shouldn't be in business', or 'Mexicans shouldn't have the right to go into another country', is extreme and the point at which it gets too far. Let's go back a few decades, Germany, pre-WW2. Hitler came into power, he was considered to be a great speaker, and was allowed to say what he wished for a prolonged amount of time, he wanted to 'Make Germany great Again', and yet he spoke about different ethnic groups in a derogatory and discriminatory manner. He was voted in, and well... everyone knows what happened after that. The same thing could happen if Trump is voted in.
I agree with you when you say that attacking people of a different political view will make them seem sanctimonious.
Hatred towards someone for having a political idea, usually does not trigger them to be quiet about what they think, and nor should it.

The Constitutional Republic of Ivy Rekkia wrote:I fell down the stairs and broke my leg, now I'm in hospital.

Oh no! Is it very bad?

The Constitutional Republic of Ivy Rekkia wrote:I fell down the stairs and broke my leg, now I'm in hospital.

Yikes! We're all wishing you a speedy recovery.

The Constitutional Republic of Ivy Rekkia wrote:I fell down the stairs and broke my leg, now I'm in hospital.

Ouch! Get well soon.

The Constitutional Republic of Ivy Rekkia wrote:I fell down the stairs and broke my leg, now I'm in hospital.


Hope you feel better, and your leg recovers to full or even higher strength.

Thanks guys. My ankle is twisted and my patella and tibia have simple fractures. They're going to give me crotches.

The Constitutional Republic of Ivy Rekkia wrote:Thanks guys. My ankle is twisted and my patella and tibia have simple fractures. They're going to give me crotches.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you get better soon! :)

Forum View

by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics