WA Delegate: The MikesHope Essence of Mikeswill (elected )
Embassies: the Pacific, The East Pacific, the West Pacific, The North Pacific, the South Pacific, Osiris, Balder, One big Island, Nation States, NationStates 2, Mikeswill, Trav khar, Gatesville Inc, International Western Union, Greater Dienstad, Capitalist Paradise, and 3 others.Antarctic Oasis, The Coalition of Democratic Nations, and India.
Regional Power: Very High
Today's World Census Report
The Most Politically Apathetic Citizens in NationStates
These results were determined by seeing how many citizens of each nation answered a recent World Census survey on the local political situation by ticking the "Don't Give a Damn" box.
As a region, NationStates is ranked 10,669th in the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
|321.||The Commonwealth of Olympic Glory||New York Times Democracy||“Citius, Altius, Fortius”|
|322.||The Republic of Turkiye Cumhuriyeti||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Egemenlik kayıtsız şartsız milletindir”|
|323.||The Punk Nation of Green Day American Idiot||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Love vs. Rage”|
|324.||The Matriarchy of La Curandera||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Para nuestra salud”|
|325.||The Republic of MLK I Have A Dream||New York Times Democracy||“I Have A Dream”|
|326.||The Dictatorship of Justified||Corrupt Dictatorship||“This Is Our Country”|
|327.||The Most Serene Republic of Pete Seeger||New York Times Democracy||“Where Have All The Flowers Gone?”|
|328.||The Rogue Nation of Steal This Book||Left-wing Utopia||“Survive! Fight! Liberate!”|
|329.||The Oppressed Peoples of Kent State Massacre||Left-wing Utopia||“Tin Soldiers and Nixon's Coming”|
|330.||The Dictatorship of Napoleone Buonaparte||Psychotic Dictatorship||“Ability is nothing without opportunity.”|
- : North-western bulgaria ceased to exist.
- : The Democratic Republic of Zapad Rossiya departed this region for Novus Universale.
- : The Democratic Republic of Zapad Rossiya arrived from Osiris.
- : The Empire of TRUE COUNTRY arrived from The Pacific.
- : The Kingdom of The Hold departed this region for 10000 Islands.
- : The Kingdom of The Hold arrived from Albion.
- : The Delicious Aroma of Utmost Brownies arrived from The South Pacific.
- : The Delicious Aroma of Utmost Brownies departed this region for The North Pacific.
- : The Peace and Love Child of MikesHope arrived from The West Pacific.
- : The Peace and Love Child of MikesHope departed this region for The East Pacific.
NationStates Regional Message Board
Thanks, I got that part. :P
But, how did it come into existence? Was it part of the game's original setup plan?
The founder left the region and Mike came into power I believe.
Interesting, thank you!
There is a natural tendency when coming across long term leaders to assume that their tenure and rule is dictatorial or tyrannical especially in the West where democracy is taught as the ultimate ideal. As such, Mikeswill often gets categorized in these less than flattering terms. Thus I write the following apology to possibly shed some light on the perspective.
1. When Mikeswill arrived in the region NationStates was in much disarray having suffered through the initial Defender/Invader Wars. His immediate contribution toward stabilizing and growing the region was via recruitment and he was, at the time, the hardest working and best single recruiter in any region. The result was election as Delegate.
2. Founderless regional status. NationStates region was created prior to founders receiving credit and thus ultimate power over the regions they create. As such the only mechanism which ensures optimum regional safety is a strong Delegate. Whereas 10000 Islands could create an intricate democracy due the ultimate strength of their founder, NationStates’ foray into democracy resulted in internal power struggles and external invasion.
3. Endorsement Policy. Until some years ago we had no limits on endorsements. Everyone endorsed everyone else until The Black Hawks used this policy as a guise to attack the region. Keep in mind that Invaders do not purpose to improve a region rather the contrary. As such an endorsement limit was adopted and resembles the endorsement caps of the top 10 regions in the game.
4. Recruitment. Continued relevance and strength requires continued recruitment. For years Mikeswill individually recruited every new Nation to join the game. The process was time consuming but rewarding in keeping our region as a leader in the game. With the in game changes to include automated recruitment completion skyrocketed logarithmically. Mikeswill experimented with the various means and settled on purchasing stamps out of his personal bank roll. On average Mikeswill spends from $25 to $30 each month for a less than 1% success rate which includes Nations who move in and then leave.
5. Dedication. Lastly, to keep the region relevant over all these years takes an incredible amount of time, dedication, and astute gamesmanship. Over the years Mikeswill has provided this dedicated leadership to include logging into the game from such places as Mexico, Costa Rica, Spain and Turkey to ensure the security of the region. Rest assured that our region remains on the hit list of a number of raiders who are only deterred by the power of the Delegate.
In conclusion, the Founderless distinction of the region has created a need for a powerful Delegate. The result has been a stable, low-keyed, laid-back region where Nations are relatively free to do and believe as they wish. We are not everything to everyone. We lack a vibrant off-site forum and an active democratically elected government. If this is what you are seeking there exist other regions which can provide such endeavors. Meanwhile enjoy your time here.
Sunday, 29 November, 2015 :: 21
The Master keeps her mind
always at one with the Tao;
that is what gives her radiance.
The Tao is ungraspable.
How can her mind be at one with it?
Because she doesn't cling to ideas.
The Tao is dark and unfathomable.
How can it make her radiant?
Because she lets it.
Since before time and space were,
the Tao is.
It is beyond is and is not .
How do I know this is true?
I look inside myself and see.
There are a lot of founderless regions actually. Most are from the founder leaving the game and their nation being deleted from inactivity (though I don't think that's the case in this region). The problem with being founderless is that it leaves all power to the WA delegate. This itself is not bad, but it means that raiders can flood a region and endorse one of their people into the position. They can take over the region and potentially destroy it. For an example of what happens when raiders get a region, look at this: region=the_black_riders That region was raided awhile back by The Black Hawks
Purple Haze all in my brain,
lately things don't seem the same,
actin' funny but I don't know why
'scuse me while I kiss the sky.
Purple Haze all around,
don't know if I'm coming up or down.
Am I happy or in misery?
Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me.
Oh no, oh
Yeah, Purple Haze all in my eyes,
don't know if it's day or night,
you've got me blowing, blowing my mind
is it tomorrow or just the end of time?
Help me, yeah, Purple Haze!
You know what would be fun? Elections and stuff for this region's positions.
So what can those of us who are committed to this region do to help the Nation States region stay in control of itself as well as help with anything else that it needs? I'm not involved in the inter-state politics of this game, more as a matter of happenstance than anything else, but is there something I or any lay person of this region can do to support our region? I'm afraid I don't fully grasp delegations and endorcements and the WA, but I moved here by choice and feel a sense of duty towards this region, and want to do my part. Teach us and we shall learn.