WA Delegate: The Beautiful Republic of Arumdaum (elected 46 days ago)
Founder: The Commonwealth of Yasashii
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Rudest Citizens in Lucerna
World Census experts telephoned citizens from all nations at just before dinner time, in a study to determine which populations were the rudest.
As a region, Lucerna is ranked 10,060th in the world for Rudest Citizens.
- 12 hours ago: The Republic of Dinsmark arrived from Valeria.
- 16 hours ago: The Republic of Dinsmark departed this region for Valeria.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: The Most Serene Republic of Odessia ceased to exist.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: The Beautiful Republic of Arumdaum proposed constructing embassies with Vallend.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: The Shinji Ikari State of Sorgan ceased to exist.
- 5 days ago: The Republic of Esperantigxiujo arrived from Lazarus.
- 5 days ago: The Radiant Kingdom of Shegu arrived from The Commonwealth of Crowns.
- 5 days ago: The Theocracy of Inderressa arrived from Lazarus.
- 6 days ago: Embassy cancelled between Vallend and Lucerna.
- 6 days ago: The Radiant Kingdom of Shegu departed this region for The Commonwealth of Crowns.
Lucerna Regional Message Board
I made a rough cultural map of the new continent. http://i.imgur.com/UXwEzfM.png
Would everyone be alright if I created a Cherokee type nation in the South-East region?
Also, the nation of Scanonie should be transferred to the North-East region of the continent.
With so many subregions, there is really only room for one nation per cultural region. I would suggest merging them into the Great Plains, East Coast, South, South-West and California/North-West.
Meso-America and the Caribbean are covered by the original continent I believe.
Oh and I forgot Arctic
...I hate to be this guy, but that new map just screwed up Nankut's climate notably.
Just request for your nation to be moved in your preferred location. It's certainly possible to transfer your nation somewhere else on Paint.NET (the app used for the regional map) so no worries. :)
I know I know, just my map location was the source of many hours of debate in order to match my nation's geographic and economic profile
This is the best I can do without amalgamating very different sub-groups together both lingually and otherwise.
I was half-tempted to unite the Eskimaleut group with the Sub-Arctic group but then I decided to go against that idea as that would be like putting all of the tribes in Alaska and Canada together.
Mesoamerica is actually about as much represented in the old map as the Chumash are, haha. I actually tried representing all of them along with South Americans at their parallels, but that was working out pretty horribly, so they should be relocated north.
I think that perhaps we can group together Plateau/Great Basin/Great Plains, as they're around similar parallels, and people can make their geography (which seems to be what causes the differences? idk) and stuff sort of how they want. I think that Southwest should go a bit into the western half of Southeast, as well as more inland, considering an arid climate is pretty important for a lot of their culture (I think) and stuff. I think I might connect the large island to the mainland in order to create more room for Southwestern Native American nations.
Oh god, this post is bad, haha.
Anyway, Mata, I wouldn't mind if you created a Cherokee nation. Heck, I'd support it. We really need some Native American nations. I think I've seen like... only one or two here on NationStates outside of any attempts in Lucerna, but I don't think they really roleplayed or anything.
@Nankut I'll try to make adjustments.