Now Playing: Cards Against NationStates

Laissez Faireholm RMB

WA Delegate: The Motors of Lincoln Sydney (elected 1 year 67 days ago)

Founder: The Federated Realms of Distruzio

BoardActivity History Admin

World Factbook Entry

Welcome! This is a region conceived for the libertarian minded - the belief that liberty is the primary virtue of humanity and that the State should be minimized to the greatest possible extent.

Anyone who believes in individual free will is welcome. Here you'll find the cure for stateholm syndrome.

Please endorse our regional WA Delegate, The Motors of Lincoln Sydney

Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end.
- Lord Acton

The ideal Government of all reflective men, from Aristotle onward, is one which lets the individual alone one which barely escapes being no government at all.
- H.L. Mencken

LinkClick here to go to our offsite forums

Embassies: Libertatem, Black Mesa Islands, Capitalist Libertarian Freedom Region, Eastern Roman Empire, Hellenic Civilization, Snopesean Archipelago, Weed, Eutopia, One big Island, the Land of Power, The Allied Republics, The National Alliance, Maltropian Puppet Confederacy, Persian Tricycle Riders, United Dictatorships, Capitalist Paradise, and 64 others.Cashnatchee, World Alliance, The Alliance Pocket Universe, New Republica, New Europe, Zarathustra, North Africa, International Republican Union, The Commonwealth Of Furry Peoples, The True Rebirth, United Empire of Islam, League of Christian Nations, NationStates Sesquipedalian Countries, Confederation of Nations, Strategos Prime, The Darwin Allied Republics, Zentari, League of Cobalt Nations, Arctic, The Western Empire, Gay, Isles of Socialism, The Federal Islands 2nd Gen, The Illuminati, Ivory Tower, Libertarians, Antista, The Hyatt Islands, Land of Absolute Freedom, Northern Emirates, The Seventh Bay, The Versutian Federation, Fusionism, Austritaria, Paraguay, International Commonwealth Of Nations, The Liberty Sector, Transhuman Singularity Research Alliance, Oceanside, Glenda Dawson HighSchool, Deutschland, Ankh Mauta, Anarcho Pragmatism, Louisiana Alliance x Alliance Louisiane, The Christian Nations, The Evil Genius Archipelago, The Intergalactic Corporate Paradise, Anarchy, The Atlas Union, European Region, League of Nations, Imperial Desdenea, Classical Liberal Union, New Vatican, The Atheist Empire, Continent of Xenonia, US of A, World Federation States, New Roman Republic, Objectivist, Dudeism, libertarian, Union of Libertarian States, and The International Commerce Guild.

The embassy with United Dictatorships is being withdrawn. Closure expected in 13 hours.

Construction of embassies with Avadam Inn has commenced. Completion expected in 13 hours.

Construction of embassies with Federation of Free States has commenced. Completion expected in 1 day 13 hours.

Tags: Anti-Fascist, National Sovereigntist, Offsite Forums, General Assembly, Anarchist, Industrial, Monarchist, Independent, Featured, Conservative, Liberal, Libertarian, and 12 others.Medium, Regional Government, Democratic, Capitalist, Social, Generalite, Free Trade, Isolationist, Role Player, Anti-Communist, Serious, and World Assembly.

Regional Power: Moderate

Laissez Faireholm contains 45 nations, the 266th most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Largest Agricultural Sector in Laissez Faireholm

As a region, Laissez Faireholm is ranked 80th in the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.

#NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Free Nation of Libertarian CanadaCapitalizt“We're free and we're keeping it that way”
2.The Stoicity of AugarundusAnarchy“Ouroboros”
3.The Most Serene Confederation of The Merchant RepublicsCorporate Bordello“Omni Homo Est Suum Regem”
4.The Voluntaryist Aggregate of Faith Hope CharityAnarchy“Prior est Propietas Ego.”
5.The Allied States of James McCoshCorporate Bordello“Live Free or Die.”
6.The Voluntarist Lands of ViolanAnarchy“Walk your own path, unimpeded, and I shall walk mine.”
7.The Confederacy of ElwherWA MemberAnarchy“Power for the Taking”
8.The Freeholders of SeleucasAnarchy“He who cannot give cannot feel”
9.The Rogue Nation of TravisikstanCapitalizt“I will punch you in the face. Leave me alone.”
10.The Free Confederacy of VecherdAnarchy“Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis”
Page:  «  1  2  3  4  5  »

Regional Happenings

More...

Laissez Faireholm Regional Message Board

I don't see Christians and Jews causing even 1% of the quantity of problems muslim pause. And fvck no, salafist scum does not belong in my country. Nor in any civilized place.

Agreed that the pagan times were the best.

The colonization argument is flawed.

open the borders, free trade, economic empowerment, agorist revolution, etc

Lincoln Sydney

Please do not buy into the idiotic culture warfare/identity politics of the right.

Lincoln Sydney

Regardless of anyone's views on Islam, Muhammad was a paedophile, a rapist, a warmonger and a mass murderer.

The Pevvania's Puppet of Cosmo Kramer wrote:Regardless of anyone's views on Islam, Muhammad was a paedophile, a rapist, a warmonger and a mass murderer.

How so? His wives married willingly, and it was very common for people to marry at a young age because people died sooner. Essentially, marrying someone at 12 then was the same as marrying someone at 24 now. The Prophet only fought the ones who attacked him, who were many, and was much more merciful than his enemies. He would usually let them ago if he caught them, unless they said they would kill more innocent people, and then, and only then, did he execute them. Considering that the pagans he fought would torture, rape, and otherwise make suffer the people they caught, be they soldiers or not, the Prophet was very merciful.

The Armed Republic of Quayle wrote:Islam is not inherently bad, that's like saying Christianity is inherently bad because Catholics decided to slaughter thousands of innocent Muslims, Jews, and even non-Catholic Christians in the Crusades and Spanish Inquisition.

No, it's not like saying that. Catholicism is based on a book which has some bad things in it here and there, but are overshadowed by the broader ideals of peace, forgiveness and love. Islam is fundamentally built on a doctrine of hatred and fear, permitting slave-ownership and the rape of women, dictating the killing of non-believers, holy warfare, etc. Islam is fundamentally a set of ideals that can be changed, and must be changed if it wishes to truly be a religion of peace.

The Armed Republic of Quayle wrote:Also, I must correct you on your comment on military spending; while military spending is significantly lower than it used to be, it is still the highest on the budget list. That also includes weapons which go straight to Israel, however, so I don't know how it would look after you took that out.

No. The Department of Health and Human Services is the biggest item on the budget, expending almost $1 trillion. The Department of Defense spends about $593 billion per year. http://www.downsizinggovernment.org/charts/

The Armed Republic of Quayle wrote:How so? His wives married willingly, and it was very common for people to marry at a young age because people died sooner. Essentially, marrying someone at 12 then was the same as marrying someone at 24 now.

Most sources indicate that Aisha was six or seven when she married Muhammad, who was 49 at the time. Their marriage was consummated when she was 9. If your claim had a grain of truth to it, then most 12-year-olds would be marrying other 12-year-olds. But no, the right to marry a child was exclusively reserved for men. "The culture of the time" does not make paedophilia OK - it is and was absolutely monstrous. This poor girl had no ability to consent whatsoever. She was given away against her will by her family, groomed and raped. She later came to worship Muhammad. Stockholm Syndrome at its most sickening.

The Armed Republic of Quayle wrote:The Prophet only fought the ones who attacked him, who were many, and was much more merciful than his enemies. He would usually let them ago if he caught them, unless they said they would kill more innocent people, and then, and only then, did he execute them. Considering that the pagans he fought would torture, rape, and otherwise make suffer the people they caught, be they soldiers or not, the Prophet was very merciful.

Sure, if "launching a mass conquest across Arabia to spread your ideals by force and sculpt an empire out of it" counts as "being attacked." He was a power-hungry maniac that literally rode into villages, killed the men and enslaved the women and children, telling his followers it was OK to kill or rape them - which was later put into the Koran.

He also had no qualms about assassinating political enemies and opponents. According to Wiki Islam, he ordered or condoned at least 43 assassinations, including the massacre of most of the Banu Qurayza tribe, culminating in over 600 beheadings. Compelling reasons for these extra-judicial murders include adultery, "opposing Muhammad with poetry," leaving Islam, being Jewish, not divulging the location of hidden treasure, and killing off all male teenagers and adults because "an angel told me to". 600-900 people were beheaded in this particular massacre. Boy, what a man of peace.
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/List_of_Killings_Ordered_or_Supported_by_Muhammad

Muslims should either ditch this monstrous warlord or fully embrace his twisted morality. You cannot have it both ways. It would be like saying "I love Hitler. He was a fantastic man who made some great speeches and taught about love and forgiveness. He taught about purity and love. The Holocaust didn't happen, btw."

The Pevvania's Puppet of Cosmo Kramer wrote:Regardless of anyone's views on Islam, Muhammad was a paedophile, a rapist, a warmonger and a mass murderer.


The Pevvania's Puppet of Cosmo Kramer wrote:Muslims should either ditch this monstrous warlord or fully embrace his twisted morality. You cannot have it both ways. It would be like saying "I love Hitler. He was a fantastic man who made some great speeches and taught about love and forgiveness. He taught about purity and love. The Holocaust didn't happen, btw."


are you really sure you want to set up "if you say they're great you must accept everything they've done" as your standard? aren't you one of those guys that thinks general rapedogs was a great guy, god bless him? i mean, just saying.

you'd also be surprised at peoples tolerance for pedophilia, war mongering and genocide. pevvania, isn't it? unless i've misremembered who you are, i'm pretty sure i can get you defending funding mass murder within 10 posts. i apologize if i have mistaken you and your views, but i don't think i have.

The People's Republic of Alyakia wrote:are you really sure you want to set up "if you say they're great you must accept everything they've done" as your standard? aren't you one of those guys that thinks general rapedogs was a great guy, god bless him? i mean, just saying.

you'd also be surprised at peoples tolerance for pedophilia, war mongering and genocide. pevvania, isn't it? unless i've misremembered who you are, i'm pretty sure i can get you defending funding mass murder within 10 posts. i apologize if i have mistaken you and your views, but i don't think i have.

How many god-damned times do I have to clarify this? I like Pinochet's economic policies and nothing else about him. Nice tu quoeque fallacy, by the way - a good choice, if you want to avoid the messy business of dictator apologism.

And I didn't suggest that 'standard' once. There are some westerners who I occasionally hear saying "Hitler was bad, but his economic policies were great". This may have some validity to it. But none of these people accept Hitler as a prophet sent by God. Just about every Muslim, however, accepts Muhammad as the last prophet sent by God - so by default they idolise him and hold him in extremely high regard. To unquestionably defend a man of this evil is unacceptable in a civilised society.

The Pevvania's Puppet of Cosmo Kramer wrote:No, it's not like saying that. Catholicism is based on a book which has some bad things in it here and there, but are overshadowed by the broader ideals of peace, forgiveness and love. Islam is fundamentally built on a doctrine of hatred and fear, permitting slave-ownership and the rape of women, dictating the killing of non-believers, holy warfare, etc. Islam is fundamentally a set of ideals that can be changed, and must be changed if it wishes to truly be a religion of peace.

You seem to forget the Bible itself contains parts which to a non-believer would seem atrocious, like entire civilizations being wiped out in what in today's terms would be seen as 'genocide'. God gave clear warnings to them, but they still did not listen, and thus were destroyed. The exact same could be said for the pagans the Muslims fought, although on top of this there was the fact that they, indeed, tried to force the believers to disbelieving and to kill them off. Even the people of Sodom did not mobilize to destroy believers as the enemies of the Prophet did.

The Pevvania's Puppet of Cosmo Kramer wrote:Sure, if "launching a mass conquest across Arabia to spread your ideals by force and sculpt an empire out of it" counts as "being attacked." He was a power-hungry maniac that literally rode into villages, killed the men and enslaved the women and children, telling his followers it was OK to kill or rape them - which was later put into the Koran.

I don't like making assumptions about people, but I think it's safe to say you've never read the Quran. If you truly believe this argument, I would ask you to go into the Quran now and give the exact line which condones rape. And even if what you say about his fight across Arabia was true, he didn't 'later put it into the Quran', the Quran was written before the fighting even started, hence how he got the believers to follow him in the first place.

The Pevvania's Puppet of Cosmo Kramer wrote:He also had no qualms about assassinating political enemies and opponents. According to Wiki Islam, he ordered or condoned at least 43 assassinations, including the massacre of most of the Banu Qurayza tribe, culminating in over 600 beheadings. Compelling reasons for these extra-judicial murders include adultery, "opposing Muhammad with poetry," leaving Islam, being Jewish, not divulging the location of hidden treasure, and killing off all male teenagers and adults because "an angel told me to". 600-900 people were beheaded in this particular massacre. Boy, what a man of peace.
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/List_of_Killings_Ordered_or_Supported_by_Muhammad

Every one of those killings were for reasons of causing harm to the faith. The Muslims had to take every measure to protect themselves, as was ordered by God to assure its existence for future generations, therefore, the Prophet and his people fought to protect themselves by stopping them before they could hurt believers. If your leader knew that a group of people were plotting against you, wouldn't you expect that leader to take action in your defense?

The Pevvania's Puppet of Cosmo Kramer wrote:Most sources indicate that Aisha was six or seven when she married Muhammad, who was 49 at the time. Their marriage was consummated when she was 9. If your claim had a grain of truth to it, then most 12-year-olds would be marrying other 12-year-olds. But no, the right to marry a child was exclusively reserved for men. "The culture of the time" does not make paedophilia OK - it is and was absolutely monstrous. This poor girl had no ability to consent whatsoever. She was given away against her will by her family, groomed and raped. She later came to worship Muhammad. Stockholm Syndrome at its most sickening.

I won't argue with your statement on culture, but if the Prophet did not marry that girl, she likely would have been married off to a pagan family who would mistreat her and use her as a tool for their own perversions. The Prophet treated her well, as if she were his own sister, and she along with his other wives affirmed this by standing up with him against those who would insult him. You can call it Stockholm Syndrome if you want, but that won't change the fact that the Prophet treated them fairly and with respect.

Sorry for the long post, if anyone likes, I will take this to telegrams so as to not fill up the RMB anymore than it has been.

Forum View

by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics