Israel RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Lovely Happy Jewish Republic of Sea Dolphin Lovers (elected 54 days ago)

Founder: The Free Zionist Republic of Mossad Agent H

BoardActivity History Admin

World Factbook Entry


Welcome to Israel, a small but diverse region that is home to a fascinating array of cultures.
The history of Israel, the Holy Land, goes back thousands of years, with the rise and fall of numerous empires and cultures. Its heart was always Jerusalem, Israel's eternal undivided capital.
It is also where the Jewish people rebuilt its home, after almost 2,000 years of diaspora.



Jews, Christians, Muslims and all others are welcome here, and you must respect the beliefs of the inhabitants. Understand, however, that this is a Zionist region.

This region was freed by the NationStates' Mossad after years of Nazi occupation.



The regional password is "I Love Israel and am a Zionist".



You may also wish to check out:
Jerusalem


Embassies: United States of America, Jerusalem, CSSR, The North Atlantic Ocean, Poland, Right to Life, India, Philosophy 115, Antifa, Africa, Brasil, The Ascendancy, Kingdom of Norway, Kingdom of Ukraine, The NationStates Holocaust Memorial, Democratic Social Union, and 72 others.Soli Deo gloria, The MT Army, VCG, Natan Region, Occitania, Soviet republics region, The Grand Old Duke of Pork, League of Christian Nations, Christianity, The Alliance Pocket Universe, The Commonwealth Of Furry Peoples, Deutschland, Central Eastern Europe, The Region of Industrious Nations, Libertatem, Commonwealth of Liberty, The Germanei Sivanian Alliance, Lower Canada, CrazyKids, Cashnatchee, Republic of Korea, The Illuminati, Paraguay, Fusionism, Continent of Xenonia, International Commonwealth Of Nations, The Royal Imperial Directorate, Yerfilag, Empire Coalition, North Africa, The Derpy Dominion, Priory, Zionist Alliance, Hapes Consortium, The Russian Federation of Politics, The Red Raiders, Treasure Coast, Multireligious Region, Judean League, Franco Balka, Res Publica Catholicae Borgiae, New Roman Republic, Southeastern Wisconsin, Land of Israel, The Judean League, PuppetStates, Parador, The Democratic Republic Union, Free State of Wisconsin, Uniao das Republicas Panheiristas, NationStates Communist Victims Memorial, algorenia, New Brannack, FOB Columbia Heights, Mexicaztlan, The Second European Empire, Judea, South Pacific, Elemental Chaos, The South, Latvija, For countries without a say, Alliance Of Neutral Nations, Juche Union, United States Military, The Embassy, Springcoast, The United Democratic Empire, Verres, Golden Antarctica, New Catsville, and The Rhineland Accord.

Construction of embassies with The Slavic Union has commenced. Completion expected in 1 day 4 hours.

Tags: Independent, Modern Tech, Democratic, Password, Anti-Fascist, Medium, and Serious.

Regional Power: Moderate

Israel contains 31 nations, the 403rd most in the world.

Password required

Today's World Census Report

The Shortest Average Lifespan in Israel

Citizens of nations ranked highly tend to die earlier, whether from poor health, crime, accident, or government encouragement.

As a region, Israel is ranked 7,335th in the world for Shortest Average Lifespan.

#NationWA CategoryMotto
21.The Commonwealth of The Herbshirian Ambassador to Israel IIInoffensive Centrist Democracy“The Herbshirian Ambassador To Israel”
22.The People's Republic of Israel AmbassadorIron Fist Consumerists“Ambassador from the CSSR”
23.The Mamlekhet of QadoshalamFather Knows Best State“Respect the Achievements of our Forefathers”
24.The State of Turkestanic UnionWA MemberInoffensive Centrist Democracy“נ נח נחמ נחמן מאומן Na Nach Nachma Nachman Me'Uman”
25.The Sivanian Representative of Israel HadashInoffensive Centrist Democracy“תחי האימפריה ”
26.The Kingdom of JudahWA MemberIron Fist Consumerists“השם גדול”
27.The Radical Republic of Homeland DefendersWA MemberNew York Times Democracy“United we stand, divided we fall”
28.The Lovely Happy Jewish Republic of Sea Dolphin LoversWA MemberCivil Rights Lovefest“Thanks for the fish, man.”
29.The Jewish State of Great IsraelWA MemberDemocratic Socialists“God's Chosen People”
30.The Jewish Democratic Republic of AlkzineWA MemberCivil Rights Lovefest“.ואהבת את ה אלקך בכל לבבך, ובכל נפשך, ובכל מאדך”
Page:  «  1  2  3  4  »

Regional Happenings

More...

Israel Regional Message Board

If there is a Palestinian state in the West Bank, what if it allies with other Arab states and attacks Israel? That is what has been happening since 1949.

The Jewish Democratic Republic of Alkzine wrote:I think that settlement is a gross mistreatment of human rights.


Alkzine - respectfully, I am appalled by this statement. I lean to the left, support the 2-States-for-2-Peoples solution, and do not condone of The Radical Republic of Homeland Defenders's views, but settlements are no more a "mistreatment to human rights" than Tel Aviv or Be'er Sheva. Your basic conceptions are wrong. This is our land. Our ancestral homeland. Just as you living in your home is not a "mistreatment to human rights," although it prevents homeless persons from living there - the settlements per se are not a "mistreatment to human rights." Unfotunately, some extreme right-wing individual settlers do violate human rights from time to time, but it's not settlements per se but them being criminals (who should be jailed).

IMHO, You all look at it from the wrong perspective. You should look at the whole issue from a pragmatic POV. Looking at it from a "rights" perspective will get you nowhere, because the national narratives of the two peoples are so different, that both see the whole land as their own. This land is ours. All of it. However, there's another people here that thinks exactly the same, and they really believe it. Therefore, "ויחלוקו". (sorry for the Hebrew, but the full meaning might get lost in translation...

Not all the settlements are "born equal". There's no comparison between "Alon Mor'e" or "Efrath", for example, and "Migron" or "Havat Gilead". In the last stage of an agreed-upon solution, some settlements should be annexed to Israel, but the separated, small and illegally-built private settlements must be evacuated.

time for a new WA election?

The Lovely Happy Jewish Republic of Sea Dolphin Lovers wrote:Alkzine - respectfully, I am appalled by this statement. I lean to the left, support the 2-States-for-2-Peoples solution, and do not condone of The Radical Republic of Homeland Defenders's views, but settlements are no more a "mistreatment to human rights" than Tel Aviv or Be'er Sheva. Your basic conceptions are wrong. This is our land. Our ancestral homeland. Just as you living in your home is not a "mistreatment to human rights," although it prevents homeless persons from living there - the settlements per se are not a "mistreatment to human rights." Unfotunately, some extreme right-wing individual settlers do violate human rights from time to time, but it's not settlements per se but them being criminals (who should be jailed).

IMHO, You all look at it from the wrong perspective. You should look at the whole issue from a pragmatic POV. Looking at it from a "rights" perspective will get you nowhere, because the national narratives of the two peoples are so different, that both see the whole land as their own. This land is ours. All of it. However, there's another people here that thinks exactly the same, and they really believe it. Therefore, "ויחלוקו". (sorry for the Hebrew, but the full meaning might get lost in translation...

Not all the settlements are "born equal". There's no comparison between "Alon Mor'e" or "Efrath", for example, and "Migron" or "Havat Gilead". In the last stage of an agreed-upon solution, some settlements should be annexed to Israel, but the separated, small and illegally-built private settlements must be evacuated.

I agree my statement was incorrect. I'll rephrase it: Private settlements, like the ones you referred to, are a gross mistreatment of human rights. In fact, all settlements built with a brutish, "We're here because this is our land" attitude are immoral. However, settlements containing people who have moved there because of rising house prices and overpopulation are not immoral. I don't believe them to be ideal, but look at Gaza--we left and see what happened. I also support (to an extent) Charedi settlements such as Beitar Illit, but again not those with the "you can get up and get out attitude".

Additionally, the problem I see to settlement is not that it creates a housing shortage for Palestinians, but that it disrupts the way of life Palestinians have had for a long time. The Arabs living in the West Bank today probably arrived in Israel around 500 years after the destruction of the 2nd Bet Hamikdash, so yes we've been there longer, but that doesn't mean the Arabs, which now that the different countries have split are known as 'Jordanians' or 'Egyptians' or 'Syrians' or 'Palestinians', have been there for a quite a bit. It's not right to come in now and build a town that disrupts the Palestinians. Because of the disgusting terrorists like Chamas, military checkpoints are also necessary. It cannot be denied that they are disruptive.

The Kingdom of Jew Man wrote:time for a new WA election?


There hasn't been, and I don't see why we should have, an official WA election in this region. We leave it to game-based mechanism. I.e., you may endorse whoever you like, and whoever gets the most endorsements at each specific time gets to be delegate. The delegate doesn't have administrative powers, so it really doesn't matter much. Good luck.

The Jewish Democratic Republic of Alkzine wrote:Additionally, the problem I see to settlement is not that it creates a housing shortage for Palestinians, but that it disrupts the way of life Palestinians have had for a long time. The Arabs living in the West Bank today probably arrived in Israel around 500 years after the destruction of the 2nd Bet Hamikdash ...


Get your facts straight, instead of echoing the Palestinian Myth. First, the vast majority of Palestinian Arabs emigrated or were forcefully moved to Eretz Yisrael during the Ottoman period, many of whom, actually, at the end of the Ottoman empire.
http://www.eretzyisroel.org/~peters/depopulated.html
http://unitedwithisrael.org/watch-the-origin-of-palestine/
http://www.imninalu.net/myths-pals.htm

Second, "it disrupts the way of life Palestinians have had for a long time"?!? What are you talking about? As lately as 1967 the Palestinians were a failed society. Palestinian lives were DRAMATICALLY improved by the settlement activity. Without it, many would have no jobs. Without it, many of the roads and other infrastructure they use would not have been built. Look how the Egyptians and the Jordanians treated Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and Judea&Samaria during the period between 1949-1967. Look how the Lebanese treat the Palestinian refugees. Look how the Syrians do.

Sorry to say that, but you live in a fantasy-world created by Arab-Palestinian-Leftist propaganda. This is the Middle East we're living in.

Israel Ambassador and Judah

The Kingdom of NewJudah wrote:Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip, and then, there wasn't an palestinian state established, instead, Hamas, that terrorist group, took control and demolished all the existing infrastructure that ISRAEL had built

Spot on !

Israel Ambassador

The Free Zionist Republic of Mossad Agent H wrote:

Second, "it disrupts the way of life Palestinians have had for a long time"?!? What are you talking about? As lately as 1967 the Palestinians were a failed society. Palestinian lives were DRAMATICALLY improved by the settlement activity. Without it, many would have no jobs. Without it, many of the roads and other infrastructure they use would not have been built. Look how the Egyptians and the Jordanians treated Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and Judea&Samaria during the period between 1949-1967. Look how the Lebanese treat the Palestinian refugees. Look how the Syrians do.

Sorry to say that, but you live in a fantasy-world created by Arab-Palestinian-Leftist propaganda. This is the Middle East we're living in.


To say that settlement is helpful is an outright lie. How would you feel if the land beyond your garden fence suddenly belonged to someone else; if you then had to live with checkpoints whenever you want to live your town/suburb/district of your city; if you had to take a different route to school/work; and if near your home there are people with guns, while you're not allowed one?

The Jewish Democratic Republic of Alkzine wrote:To say that settlement is helpful is an outright lie.


First and foremost, we try to talk converse calmly and politely here. If it weren't me you called a liar I would have suppressed your message, but I don't want to abuse my powers. So kindly calm down. There's a way to tell people you humbly think their facts are incorrect, and that wasn't one of them.

The Jewish Democratic Republic of Alkzine wrote:To say that settlement is helpful is an outright lie. How would you feel if the land beyond your garden fence suddenly belonged to someone else; if you then had to live with checkpoints whenever you want to live your town/suburb/district of your city; if you had to take a different route to school/work; and if near your home there are people with guns, while you're not allowed one?


Second, the checkpoints are indeed an annoyance. However, you seem to be a bit confused as for the reason for them. They are not the result of settlement activity, but of terrorism. Had there been no terrorism there would be no checkpoints. Israelis do not enjoy being posted in those checkpoints. On the other hand, even if there were not a single settlement, but the Palestinians would continue their murderous activity - there would still be a need for checkpoints. The Palestinians have only themselves to blame for the security measures Israel takes to protect its citizens.

Third, "how would (I) feel if the land beyond (my) garden fence suddenly belonged to someone else?" Well, if that land belonged to them, then so be it. It's none of my business who owns a land that is not mine. But I'll tell you this: If I lived in a middle-ages kind of society, and that new neighbor suddenly gave me work, built roads, gave me electricity, built my universities, kept the peace and protected me from criminals who used to be my friends - I would thank them.

Now, as a matter of logic, don't confuse the political and the national with the everyday life. And don't confuse the settlements with the fact that Israel is now the sovereign there. These are separate things. But do you know how many Palestinians have a job thanks to the settlements? Do you know how many of them have electricity just because there's a settlement nearby? Do you know how many have roads just because there's a settlement nearby?

If you compare the life of Palestinians before the settlement activity started to today, you would find that it has dramatically improved. So no, mister. This is not a lie. Again, don't confuse their national aspirations with their everyday life, and don't tie the security measures to the settlements but to the heinous crimes that the Palestinian terrorists commit.

Both sides are wrong, Palestinian fires rocket at Israel, but Israel has Iron dome.
Israel fires back with twice as much rockets and actually kills people, where as the Palestinian hardly every kill anyone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U3by9FoEFB8

Forum View

by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics