Facebook nations RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Republic of The Akasha Colony (elected )

Founder: The United States of Seismic doings

BoardActivity History Admin

World Factbook Entry

These are Nations that have either begun or continued from the Nations application on Facebook.

If your Nation name here is different from what it is on Nations app, be sure to introduce yourself on our wall!

Please endorse The Republic of The Akasha Colony for regional delegate! Thanks!


Comrades, we have done it! We have vanquished the zombie hordes not once, but twice!

Congratulations are in order, my brothers, for we have vanquished the undead menace in only 6 hours and 44 minutes! Huzzah!

Embassies: Intergalactic Federacy, Aels, Necron Empire, and Alterran Federation.

Tags: FT: FTL, FT: FTLi, Role Player, Medium, and Post-Modern Tech.

Regional Power: Moderate

Facebook nations contains 32 nations, the 364th most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Most Devout in facebook nations

World Census experts polled citizens from nations worldwide to determine which seemed to be the most religious.

As a region, facebook nations is ranked 16,227th in the world for Most Devout.

#NationWA CategoryMotto
11.The Federal Republic of Interdimensional ZlostIron Fist Consumerists“War is Peace”
12.The Commonwealth of Gensokyo RepublicFather Knows Best State“And then will there be none?”
13.The Republic of Neo CarthageLeft-Leaning College State“Perseverance Through All ”
14.The Glimmering Snowbound Realms of PordlandiaInoffensive Centrist Democracy“We who command the blizzard”
15.The United States of Seismic doingsInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Liberty!”
16.The Allied States of Stornkold Special Administrative RegionInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Liberty and Union”
17.The Galactic Republic of AlexzonyaWA MemberInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Moving Forward, Unified”
18.The Empire of Europa ZentralFather Knows Best State“Indivisibiliter ac Inseparabiliter”
19.The Legal Fiction of Midgar and JunonWA MemberLeft-Leaning College State“You can hear the cry of The Planet.”
20.The Colony of Redemption-AmericaFather Knows Best State“E Pluribus Unum”
Page:  «  1  2  3  4  »

Regional Happenings

More...

Facebook nations Regional Message Board

The Colonial Republic of Greater Caprica wrote:That truth there is a overly large misogynistic, bigoted and racist population in this country? Cause that what it looks like.


I feel like you're completely ignoring everything else I'm saying, and just focusing on a single sentence to justify your preconceived notion that all (or most) Trump supporters are misogynistic, bigoted, and racist.

The Constitutional Monarchy of Imperial Esplanade wrote:I feel like you're completely ignoring everything else I'm saying, and just focusing on a single sentence to justify your preconceived notion that all (or most) Trump supporters are misogynistic, bigoted, and racist.


If you hate the establishment enough to actually vote for a man whose entire campaign is misogyny and bigotry, then I might have to call you the same. Actions, words, speaking volumes of each. You know. It's not like Donald Freaking Trump, the wealthy billionaire corporate owner, is actually "anti-establishment" in any meaningful way either.

More likely (in my humble opinion), he's the most visible Republican candidate at this time, the other candidates are helping to split the vote early (while simultaneously drowning each other out so Trump stands out more), and polls this early are not the most reliable indications of long-term success. If he's still here when primary results start coming in, phone me. So, in about six or so months.

New Frankia

The Colony of IshCong wrote:If you hate the establishment enough to actually vote for a man whose entire campaign is misogyny and bigotry, then I might have to call you the same. Actions, words, speaking volumes of each. You know. It's not like Donald Freaking Trump, the wealthy billionaire corporate owner, is actually "anti-establishment" in any meaningful way either.

More likely (in my humble opinion), he's the most visible Republican candidate at this time, the other candidates are helping to split the vote early (while simultaneously drowning each other out so Trump stands out more), and polls this early are not the most reliable indications of long-term success. If he's still here when primary results start coming in, phone me. So, in about six or so months.


Well, he is posing himself as an anti-establishment... but personally, I don't even know what to make of the guy as far as that is concerned. I too also agree his stances are misogynistic and bigoted, but I don't think his following is in the same boat. Personally, I think most people are supporting Trump because they're so pissed off by the Mitt Romneys and the Jeb Bushs of the GOP, and while they MAY support stronger border security and MAY support his overall confrontational style... they still may oppose his individual choice wording towards Megyn Kelly or others. I also believe that the greatest favorability rating will yield the final crop of candidates in this particular GOP race. Trump is running into a situation where his pool of voters are polarizing between favoring and opposing, with the majority of voters having already made up their minds on Trump - but no so on others.

The Constitutional Monarchy of Imperial Esplanade wrote:Donald Trump is tapping into something, pure anger and frustration after decades of being ignored by the Republican establishment. I'd suggest that Trump's supporters are less supportive of his more extreme policies, and more supportive of his anti-establishment stance. Most of his supporters feel that he is the only one who can't be bought as a politician, given he's self-financing his entire campaign. Whether it's Donald Trump or Bernie Sanders or someone else, I'm getting the feeling that we won't have an establishment candidate end up as President-elect when its' all said and done in 2016. This anger is something BOTH parties are feeling, and I suspect it'll be a unifying factor among conservative and progressive voters alike more so than a dividing one.


Most interviews with his supporters have upheld the notion that they care little for his policies, they simply like his aggressiveness and brashness.

The problem is that he isn't anti-establishment at all. Maybe anti-Republican, but he is literally the epitome of the corrupt Washington machine. In the debate, he literally admitted (even bragged) about giving huge amounts of money in exchange for political favors. Not out of the goodness of his heart, or because he thought their ideas were good, but for the purpose of receiving material favors in exchange. This is commonly referred to as "political corruption" and "bribery." So I'm not entirely sure why he gets so much support as an "anti-politician" when he is the embodiment of moneyed special interests using their wealth to elicit favors from sitting politicians.

I suppose a Trump victory would be a win in that we would no longer need to worry about politicians taking money from special interests, we'd just have the special interests in office themselves. After the hotel lobby, I suppose we might consider someone from the energy lobby for the 2024 election? Perhaps the Koch brothers might fancy a run? Maybe we could get the casino lobby in there if Sheldon Adelson is still around by then?

The fact that Trump's campaign is self-funding seems to also be commonly touted as a strength, but I would consider it a significant blow to democracy, as Trump is no longer responsible to anyone but himself. We've already seen that he has absolutely no interest in listening to anyone except himself, and doesn't even consider the possibility that other opinions might be valid. He certainly isn't responsible to the voters, as he has paid little heed to them except to more or less demand their loyalty and consider their support a matter of course. He has no reason to respect anyone because oddly enough his support is built on his image of not respecting anyone, and I think that's fundamentally wrong in a democracy. While we've been on that track for the last few decades, Trump drops any pretense of even having any "civility" in our civil discourse, and the fact that he can gain support for that I find to be rather worrying for the future of our country.

IshCong, Estruia, and New Frankia

The Republic of The Akasha Colony wrote:Most interviews with his supporters have upheld the notion that they care little for his policies, they simply like his aggressiveness and brashness.

The problem is that he isn't anti-establishment at all. Maybe anti-Republican, but he is literally the epitome of the corrupt Washington machine. In the debate, he literally admitted (even bragged) about giving huge amounts of money in exchange for political favors. Not out of the goodness of his heart, or because he thought their ideas were good, but for the purpose of receiving material favors in exchange. This is commonly referred to as "political corruption" and "bribery." So I'm not entirely sure why he gets so much support as an "anti-politician" when he is the embodiment of moneyed special interests using their wealth to elicit favors from sitting politicians.

I suppose a Trump victory would be a win in that we would no longer need to worry about politicians taking money from special interests, we'd just have the special interests in office themselves. After the hotel lobby, I suppose we might consider someone from the energy lobby for the 2024 election? Perhaps the Koch brothers might fancy a run? Maybe we could get the casino lobby in there if Sheldon Adelson is still around by then?

The fact that Trump's campaign is self-funding seems to also be commonly touted as a strength, but I would consider it a significant blow to democracy, as Trump is no longer responsible to anyone but himself. We've already seen that he has absolutely no interest in listening to anyone except himself, and doesn't even consider the possibility that other opinions might be valid. He certainly isn't responsible to the voters, as he has paid little heed to them except to more or less demand their loyalty and consider their support a matter of course. He has no reason to respect anyone because oddly enough his support is built on his image of not respecting anyone, and I think that's fundamentally wrong in a democracy. While we've been on that track for the last few decades, Trump drops any pretense of even having any "civility" in our civil discourse, and the fact that he can gain support for that I find to be rather worrying for the future of our country.


Trust me, I am with you every step of the way in regards to Trump and the supposed "anti-establishment" position he's posing, and especially for his incredibly childish behavior. I personally think he's a fraud candidate, regardless of whether he intended to be one or not, but the more he talks about his particular positions on the issues (and the more they're reiterated in the media) and the further we go into the election... the more I think we'll see the staunch conservative voting bloc turn on Trump. I think he's still just a flash in the pan, but one that's been lingering around simply due to his particular entertainment factor. Hardly anyone actually knows what he believes, much less agree with them. Well, except for maybe a select few for his stance on immigration (enforce the current law) but I suspect that's just about it.

In the end, I suspect we'll see candidates like Marco Rubio, Ben Carson, Carly Fiorina, and (maybe) Ted Cruz being the last ones standing.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Kasich, tbh.

The Kingdom of New Frankia wrote:I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Kasich, tbh.


Ya know, I think Kasich is mostly running for a Vice-President position or even a Secretary of State position. Notice that he doesn't take on any of the candidates whatsoever, even when his views are so much in line with other moderate, establishment candidates. Kasich doesn't have much to distinguish himself from someone like Jeb Bush and Scott Walker and Marco Rubio, but he also has a vastly smaller pot of money to work with. Unless he gets some big endorsements, he'll drop out of the race somewhere around the end of October/beginning of November.

The Constitutional Monarchy of Imperial Esplanade wrote:Ya know, I think Kasich is mostly running for a Vice-President position or even a Secretary of State position. Notice that he doesn't take on any of the candidates whatsoever, even when his views are so much in line with other moderate, establishment candidates. Kasich doesn't have much to distinguish himself from someone like Jeb Bush and Scott Walker and Marco Rubio, but he also has a vastly smaller pot of money to work with. Unless he gets some big endorsements, he'll drop out of the race somewhere around the end of October/beginning of November.


I think it helped him that the first debate was in home territory, but I doubt he has the money/name recognition to make any serious noise. Though IMHO I do like him more than the rest of what is generally a craptastic (again) Republican field.

Don't think he'd want to be Secretary of State either. He's too blunt for that job.

The Colony of Redemption-America wrote:I think it helped him that the first debate was in home territory, but I doubt he has the money/name recognition to make any serious noise. Though IMHO I do like him more than the rest of what is generally a craptastic (again) Republican field.

Don't think he'd want to be Secretary of State either. He's too blunt for that job.


I just hope he isn't made Secretary of Education. He gutted Ohio's schools.

The Colony of Redemption-America wrote:I think it helped him that the first debate was in home territory, but I doubt he has the money/name recognition to make any serious noise. Though IMHO I do like him more than the rest of what is generally a craptastic (again) Republican field.

Don't think he'd want to be Secretary of State either. He's too blunt for that job.


LOL, imagine Donald Trump as SecState.

Forum View

by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics