WA Delegate: None.
European Continent contains 2 nations.
Today's World Census Report
The Smartest Citizens in European Continent
The World Census eavesdropped on conversations in coffee shops, on campuses, and around cinemas in order to determine which nations have the most quick-witted, insightful, and knowledgeable citizens.
As a region, European Continent is ranked 8,815th in the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Dannustadt ceased to exist.
- : The Bucolic Commune of The Amish Children departed this region for NationStates World Regions.
- : The Republic of Tough Guy Walking of the region Asian Continent proposed constructing embassies.
- : The United Papal States of Cologne and Karlsburg departed this region for NationStates World Regions.
- : The Community of Elwietrigmal ceased to exist.
- : The united fascist republic departed this region for Federation of Greater German Republics.
- : The united fascist republic arrived from 1980s Europe.
- : The Austrian Empire of United East German States departed this region for NationStates World Regions.
- : The Austrian Empire of United East German States arrived from Lazarus.
- : The Baltic State of The Resplendent Dawn departed this region for NationStates World Regions.
European Continent Regional Message Board
1. There actually are rules governing one's military size. If you go to the forum and look in the "General Discussion" subforum there will be a thread near the top titled "READ ME FIRST!". That thread will give you a good overview of how we manage RPing, as well as provide several other links at the bottom of the first post that cover important material.
2. Wars are not decided algorithmically; we place more emphasis on the quality of the RP. However, military sizes, defense budgets, and additional government spending (e.g., healthcare and education - these make for better soldiers, think of France vs North Korea) are still important factors, just not the ONLY factor.
3. Simply, nations come and go and there is a lag between when nations initially register and when they disappear from the forums. Additionally, the forum is actually the place where nations across the "Continents" meet, forming NSWR or "NationStates World Regions". As it says above in the World Factbook Entry: "European Continent is compatible with the regions African Continent, Middle East, American Continent, and Asian Continent. This gives the possibility of cross-regional Role Playing."
I hope that answers your questions. Also, I'm happy to see you've registered on the forum! Please shoot me a private message (PM) if you have more questions.
P.S. The inbox for receiving and sending PMs is located in the top right corner when you're logged into the forum. Search for a player's name and write them a welcome message! Definitely introduce yourself if you have time.
I dunno, but more or less its been this way since i started in 2005. I think its because we have the forums and they are very accommodating. Its unfortunate that we don't use the RMB more though because I imagine it makes our regions look dead that is not necessarily the case.
So we had a week-long vote opened on the forums. Though only 5 people took the time to vote, it has been decided that we are all going to move to a single region, the Modern World. I will be moving my nations there now and will be seeing you all on the other side :)