Balder RMB

WA Delegate: The Ancient Nordics Lands of Solorni (elected )

BoardActivity History Admin Rank

Most Nations: 8th Most World Assembly Endorsements: 1,004th
World Factbook Entry

Welcome to the Realm of Balder

Nations are asked to join the World Assembly and endorse Queen Solorni as well as Prince North East Somerset

For nations the endorsement limit is 15


Useful Community Links:

LinkRegional Forum :: LinkApply for Citizenship :: LinkIrc channel #balder @ irc.esper.net :: LinkSkype Thread:: LinkEmbassy Policy




  1. 3

    Statsminister Speech

    BulletinNews by The Raven Post . 72 reads.

  2. 19

    Flag Wars

    BulletinNews by The runes . 742 reads.

  3. 11

    Skype and Reborn Vikings!

    BulletinNews by Solorni . 305 reads.

  4. 12

    Current Balder Government

    BulletinNews by Solorni . 437 reads.

▼ 1 More

Embassies: Osiris, the West Pacific, the South Pacific, The North Pacific, the Pacific, The East Pacific, the Rejected Realms, Europeia, NationStates, Albion, The Allied Republics, The New Inquisition, The Land of Kings and Emperors, The Communist Bloc, The United Kingdom of the Netherlands, and Lazarus.

Tags: Democratic, Anti-Fascist, National Sovereigntist, Offsite Forums, Game Player, Monarchist, Independent, Map, Past Tech, Founderless, Gargantuan, Regional Government, and 1 other.Sinker.

Regional Power: Very High

Balder contains 4,361 nations, the 8th most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Highest Poor Incomes in Balder

The World Census studied the spending power of the poorest 10% of citizens in each nation.

As a region, Balder is ranked 4,818th in the world for Highest Poor Incomes.

NationWA CategoryMotto
2,461.The People's Republic of Sebastianov FederatsiiInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Всегда Храбрый”
2,462.The Kingdom of Widows BurgInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Live long the spiders”
2,463.The People's Republic of KimixiaScandinavian Liberal Paradise“Respect existence or expect resistance.”
2,464.The Republic of ZappBraniganNew York Times Democracy“We ruin each other like we're going to screw your land”
2,465.The Republic of AnatolioDemocratic Socialists“United Through Diversity”
2,466.The Federation of GentlyInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Embrace the darkness”
2,467.The Seisani Jinsan of IlaDemocratic Socialists“Fit per tempus libertas.”
2,468.The Empire of SpaceshotCivil Rights Lovefest“Be good or be good at it”
2,469.The Colony of The Western PowersLeft-wing Utopia“I'll have that”
2,470.The Federation of South cularyaCivil Rights Lovefest“long live the CROWN”
«12. . .244245246247248249250. . .436437»

Regional Happenings

More...

Balder Regional Message Board

Greetings from your friends in Albion!

ALL PRAISE LORD HUTTON

THE MIGHTY FLAG HAS BEEN RESTORED

PRAISE BE OFF TO SPIRITUS

The Dark Norse

I feel insufficiently greeted recently on this message board. Perhaps we could arrange for measures to be taken such that greater percentages of posts are concerned with the making of pleasantries, specifically those intended to acknowledge and welcome?

I completely disagree. There is far too much overfriendliness on this RMB (regional message board).
We should go back to the good old times, where we would debate(/argue) over somewhat controversial topics, like Brexit, and which starter pokemon was the best.
Well, seeing as we've recently had an issue on the RMB over the amount of greetings that ladies get compared to guys, here are some argument topics alone a similar line;
-Who are better drivers, men or women?
-Toilet seat up or down?
-Should a father have the same rights to their child as the mother?
-Does the west have any right or responsibility to encourage or impose equality on nations that treat women as 2nd class humans?

The Fake New Land of New Fakeland wrote:-Does the west have any right or responsibility to encourage or impose equality on nations that treat women as 2nd class humans?

Where are you living? This still happens in all aspects of human interaction in the West. Women are routinely treated as second class individuals in the professional world in terms of advancement and remuneration. Laws and court verdicts in many jurisdictions still have a male centric bias. The emancipation of women has been a struggle for generations and is still a work in progress.

The United Thingys, Enwick, and Illand

The Girlish Infatuation of Lady Marian wrote:Where are you living? This still happens in all aspects of human interaction in the West. Women are routinely treated as second class individuals in the professional world in terms of advancement and remuneration. Laws and court verdicts in many jurisdictions still have a male centric bias. The emancipation of women has been a struggle for generations and is still a work in progress.

Truth!

The Girlish Infatuation of Lady Marian wrote:Where are you living? This still happens in all aspects of human interaction in the West. Women are routinely treated as second class individuals in the professional world in terms of advancement and remuneration. Laws and court verdicts in many jurisdictions still have a male centric bias. The emancipation of women has been a struggle for generations and is still a work in progress.

No, you are wrong. Women have the same rights in this country as men, and are mostly treated the same. In fact , when you factor in job experience, the time women take off work during pregnancy, and the fact that women choose to enter less-paying fields, the wage gap shrinks to around 1% or less for most jobs. In no way are women treated as second class, and in the case of court verdicts, men are screwed over often in divorces because the woman is far more likely to receive custody of the child/children. Saying women are oppressed in this country is a gross exaggeration, so please do not act like you are discriminated against when women in the middle east actually are.

Alvalero, The Dark Norse, and Cametonia

The Infinite Farmland of Schrute Beets wrote:No, you are wrong. Women have the same rights in this country as men, and are mostly treated the same. In fact , when you factor in job experience, the time women take off work during pregnancy, and the fact that women choose to enter less-paying fields, the wage gap shrinks to around 1% or less for most jobs. In no way are women treated as second class, and in the case of court verdicts, men are screwed over often in divorces because the woman is far more likely to receive custody of the child/children. Saying women are oppressed in this country is a gross exaggeration, so please do not act like you are discriminated against when women in the middle east actually are.

Wage gap doesn't exist, it's an earnings gap. Wage discrimination has been outlawed since 1963 in the US, 1970 in the UK and 1974 in Ireland. If you earn less for doing the exact same job as someone else that is something you should take up with your employer or the authorities. If you work harder, more hours, get a promotion, etc, and thus earn more money than someone else then that is fair.
The idea that women are 2nd class citizens in the western world anymore, when straight white men are depicted as the as the face of all that is wrong with the world in media and acedemia, is laughable. Travel the internet long enough and you'll see that.

The Dark Norse, Schrute Beets, and Cametonia

You are both wrong. The truth is that when two individuals with the same exact experience and abilities are candidates for a job, the man will most likely get the job. Most employers still feel that a woman is only in the workforce until she becomes pregnant and leaves to have her children. Whether blatant or covert, this is still the reality of the workplace.

The truth is that women are a figment of our imaginations, gender is too, and that we are all trees. Be one with the trees my friends. While I sit here and imagine women.

New Fakeland

Forum View

by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics