WA Delegate (non-executive): The Trenchant Order of The Voltarum (elected 8 years 81 days ago)
Founder: The Antarctica Founders of Joop
Regional Power: Very High
Today's World Census Report
The Rudest Citizens in Antarctica
World Census experts telephoned citizens from all nations at just before dinner time, in a study to determine which populations were the rudest.
As a region, Antarctica is ranked 2,146th in the world for Rudest Citizens.
|11.||The Nomadic Peoples of Pilington||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Courage is fear that has said its prayers.”|
|12.||The Disputed Territories of A New Calrahope||Father Knows Best State||“The first thing we do, lets kill all the lawyers.”|
|13.||The Imperial Territories of Daugybe||Left-Leaning College State||“Conservatio unius conservatione totius.”|
|14.||The Icy Nation of Pengwiniah||Iron Fist Consumerists||“Pengwins 1 : Penguins 0”|
|15.||The Commonwealth of Antarctican Ambassador||Iron Fist Consumerists||“Antarctica- represented by Pengwiniah”|
|16.||The Queendom of Queen Elizabeth Land||Mother Knows Best State||“http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20757382”|
|17.||The Nomadic Peoples of Chilly Chimps||Father Knows Best State||“The first thing we do, lets kill all the lawyers.”|
|18.||The Democratic States of Antarctic Treaty System||Capitalist Paradise||“Nothing is ours except time.”|
|19.||The Commonwealth of Queen of Brrr||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“I need to go to the bar. All 4 of them.”|
|20.||The Allied States of Miemalkonnen||Capitalist Paradise||“Gold, Gold, Gold, Gold, Gold, Gold!”|
- 6 hours ago: The Allied States of The Great Antarctic Penguins of the region Antarctica Treaty proposed constructing embassies.
- 6 hours ago: The Allied States of The Great Antarctic Penguins departed this region for Antarctica Treaty.
- 7 hours ago: The Allied States of The Great Antarctic Penguins arrived from AP Krew.
- 7 hours ago: The Allied States of The Great Antarctic Penguins departed this region for AP Krew.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: The Allied States of The Great Antarctic Penguins arrived from The Rejected Realms.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: The Federation of The Holy Antarctic Empire ceased to exist.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: The Allied States of The Great Antarctic Penguins departed this region for The Rejected Realms.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: The Antarctica Founders of Joop aborted construction of embassies with Louisiana Alliance x Alliance Louisiane.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: The Antarctica Founders of Joop agreed to construct embassies with Louisiana Alliance x Alliance Louisiane.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: The Allied States of The Great Antarctic Penguins arrived from United Alliances.
Antarctica Regional Message Board
I almost came on the front page over countries with the best weather.
I've always had a penchant to visit Antarctica but only got as far as the Falkland Islands in RL :) So, this is the next best thing I suppose?
Probably - its definitely much cheaper =)
Well, I didn't have to pay anything to go to the FI as it was on government business, which was good :)
... unless that government business was the Falklands War of 1982 ;)
Actually, it wasn't because of the 1982 conflict that I went there. I was part of an ornithological survey team which was formed at the request of the Falkland Islands government. But, had I been sent there as a defender then that would have been just as good because I was in the military at that time.
Also, for the sake of filling in blanks. There is still a British military presence on the Falkland Islands. Soldiers gets postings there all the time.
'just as good' ? Many people died in that war. I don't think being one of the people in harms way qualifies as 'good'.
What I am saying is that I would have been honoured to have been able to defend those residents of the Falkland Islands who were placed in harms way by the invaders. I was not saying that it was good that the residents were placed in harms way by those invaders. As in almost all conflicts, many die on both sides which is a great tragedy but an unfortunate, and an almost certain consequence of an aggressor's actions unless there is no resistance put up by those being invaded.
Hello good peoples of Antarctica