WA Delegate (non-executive): The Trenchant Order of The Voltarum (elected 9 years 188 days ago)
Founder: The Antarctica Founders of Joop
Regional Power: Very High
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Soda Pop Sector in Antarctica
As a region, Antarctica is ranked 18,115th in the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
|11.||The Allied States of Miemalkonnen||Capitalist Paradise||“Gold, Gold, Gold, Gold, Gold, Gold!”|
|12.||The Rogue Nation of McMurdo Station||Father Knows Best State||“The shortest answer is doing.”|
|13.||The Protectorate of Sisu Pangea||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Veni, Vidi, Visa”|
|14.||The Queendom of Queen Elizabeth Land||Iron Fist Consumerists||“http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20757382”|
|15.||The Penguin Republic of Lowlandian States||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Putting the WIN in penguin”|
|16.||The Confederacy of Rebellious Fishermen||Civil Rights Lovefest||“We will fish and you can't stop us!”|
|17.||The Dominion of The Magnetic South Pole||Compulsory Consumerist State||“When in doubt, tell the truth.”|
|18.||The Cacaphony of The Folksong Army||Capitalist Paradise||“Sing, and the world runs away from you screaming”|
|19.||The Conation of The Comyns||Father Knows Best State||“ ”|
|20.||The Militocracy of Sisu Arshu||Father Knows Best State||“Veni, Vidi, Visa”|
- 5 hours ago: The Allied States of Arctic Alliance of Penguins departed this region for The Coalition of Democratic Nations.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: The Allied States of Arctic Alliance of Penguins arrived from The West Pacific.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: The Empire of Sothoryos empire arrived from The West Pacific.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: The Queendom of Maroco odada departed this region for The Black Riders.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: The Queendom of Maroco odada arrived from The North Pacific.
- 4 days ago: The United States of The Southern Isle Republic departed this region for The New Inquisition.
- 4 days ago: The United States of The Southern Isle Republic arrived from The Pacific.
- 5 days ago: The Disputed Territories of Nautakjotland arrived from The North Atlantic.
- 6 days ago: The Republic of Mukesh Ambani departed this region for Sleeper Cells.
- 7 days ago: The Commonwealth of Kiwirrkurra departed this region for Atlantis.
Antarctica Regional Message Board
I was curious to see how my citizens were doing with the amount of space they are allotted on the map, so I did some approximate calculations. With a population nearing 23 billion penguins, it's estimated to be about 1 penguin every 200 square feet, which is still plenty of space. They will reach the point of 1 penguin per square foot at around 4.6 trillion penguins.
Now, that doesn't mean it's not overcrowded, if you're looking in terms of square miles. By human standards, it would be more populous than any existing country or city, at 140000 penguins per square mile. Humans just don't know how to manage their space properly.
See, we use our space effectively by (1) having manmade islands going outwards (we also have unmanned "posts" which stop the icebergs and manmade reefs which bring the sea bottom up significantly for the same reason); (2) using all the space beneath our feet (dig, dig, dig, dig...); (3) sending a large portion of our population on paid vacations every month, which allows for population rotations.
We're so clever...
Moved here so my people could fish in peace. I think I'll enjoy the penguins.
We started colonizing other planets to deal with the overcrowding problem. Our first colony is due to be made in September.
I never really played this game more then log in and do some issues. My first region with lots of people.
Other planets.... hmmm...
Are you considering doing the same?
Of course, intergalactic colonization is rather expensive, so we're also looking at constructing underwater domed cities and various other ways of space management.
So how is everyone anyway? All regions this quiet?