WA Delegate: The Anarchist Confederation of Anarchadom (elected 116 days ago)
Embassies: Kronstadt, The Union of Metiva Lame, New World Communists States, Hippy Haven, Union of Confederate Regions, UCR, United Federation of Canada Embassy, The Church of Eris, 3753 Cruithne, belgium, Anti Authoritarian Alliance, The Cannabis Alliance, United Nations of Peace and Liberty, Gay, The Greenlands in Exile, The Communist Bloc, and 10 others.Laissez Faireholm, World Alliance, The International Communist Union, My Pants, The Anarchist Collective, The Waters of Lethe, Palestinian Freedom Fighters, The Exchange of Mutual Authority, Union of Socialist Soviet Republics, and Taoism.
Regional Power: Very High
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Soda Pop Sector in Anarchy
As a region, Anarchy is ranked 216th in the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
|1.||The Protectorate of X-||Corporate Police State||“You cant be late until you show up.”|
|2.||The Undefined Lawless Territory of Total anarchya||Capitalizt||“ataxias kai anarkhias”|
|3.||The Juggernaut War State of Wulkrieg||Compulsory Consumerist State||“The Overseers are always watching.”|
|4.||The Cruel Irony of Taxandrie||Capitalizt||“.......................................................”|
|5.||The Free Land of Procyonida||Anarchy||“Sic Semper Harpyja”|
|6.||The Lawless Wastes of Paradisus Fortunatus||Anarchy||“Eat. Sleep. Sex. Repeat.”|
|7.||The Holy Cooperative Association of Chynarka||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Individuals of the world, Cooperate!”|
|8.||The Hoi Polloi of Robertos Commonwealth||Capitalizt||“War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength”|
|9.||The Free Land of Modern Libertaria||Anarchy||“Do whatever the hell you want”|
|10.||The Heirs of Magnox||Anarchy||“Dawn of The Diamond Age”|
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Mister joe masses ceased to exist.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: The Armed Republic of Cobanesia arrived from The Pacific.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: The Colony of Anarchy country arrived from The South Pacific.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Liberdemo ceased to exist.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: The Kropotkin Beard Wearers of Zeouria arrived from Anti Authoritarian Alliance.
- 6 days ago: The Free Land of Great Vegitain arrived from The Communist Party of NationStates.
- 7 days ago: The Confederacy of Libertarian Communes arrived from The Communist Bloc.
- 8 days ago: The Free Land of The Germanic State arrived from Anti Authoritarian Alliance.
- 8 days ago: The Free Land of The Germanic State departed this region for Anti Authoritarian Alliance.
- 8 days ago: The Free Land of The Meerkats arrived from Osiris.
Anarchy Regional Message Board
Hopefully not. At least it was just a warehouse, and no printing presses were destroyed. Of course, many books were burned and it will surely affect the bussiness of AK Press, something that is already fairly fragle.
Can someone please tell me why my civil rights score went down when I prevented nazis from holding a rally? That makes absolutely no sense. I understood that my political freedom rating would go down, but how is being a nazi someone's "civil right?"
Probably because it's considered part of free speech or somthing, though that kind of falls under both political and "civil" freedoms
It seems like that would be protecting people's civil rights. It also said that I made it illegal to make racist remarks in public. That seems like a huge stretch. Somehow because I don't want fascists to be able to organize that means I want to throw any person who says anything remotely considered "racist" in jail? Some of the results of the legislation just make no sense, like apparently because I don't believe in the death penalty that also means I want to ban all extreme political groups? And when I gave in to my workers demands for better pay the result was "nation ravaged by daily union strikes." Like why would they go on strike after I met their demands?
Keep in mind the following:
(1) NS is not meant to be a "realistic" nation simulator, quite a few of the issues are silly to the point of parody, and literally all of them result in highly exaggerated outcomes.
(2) The assumptions underlying the game's categories are those of a moderate liberal, and thus many the outcomes are likely to seem especially nonsensical to an anarchist who doesn't share those assumptions.
(3) The most basic assumption behind the game's issues is there is always a trade off between one kind of freedom or another. So choosing any option is likely to raise one category at the expense of a different category.
In terms of the results of your issues:
* I seem to recall banning the Nazi demonstration causes Political Freedoms to go down, but not Civil Rights. No idea why that happened, but they have been changing some of the effects of issues lately, so maybe that explains it. It's also possible the drop in Civil Rights came from a different issue - I noticed you made organ donation compulsory, which will definitely lower Civil Rights.
* The death penalty issue is a perfect example of (3). The game presumes that there is some kind of "trade off" between Civil freedoms and Political freedoms. If you had chosen to let the pro death penalty party into office, your political freedoms will go up but your civil rights would take a hit, instead of the other way around. It's not only that you are opposed to the death penalty, but you are so opposed that you would prevent the death penalty from being implemented even if a majority of voters wanted it.
* The assumption behind the striking workers is that if you give in to worker demands, workers will strike in other industries to demand higher wages, too, and that this will drag down the economy. It's the incredibly simplistic thinking you're likely to encounter in an Econ 101 class, and which has sadly become a kind of "common sense" over the last 30 years of neoliberalism (in spite of its obvious harm).
I have been invaded by a Corptocracy type nation known as the APEX Group and a private military is asking me too hire their mercenaries. If any comrades could join me in the defense of the Alcathan lands we could use a volunteer brigade or something.
Your civil rights rating went down because your course of action abridges the freedom of conscious/belief/speech. These are all frequently considered "civil" rights. The distinction (I think) is that civil rights more broadly pertain to an individual's rights an actions in all spheres, including the private (for instance, a gathering in one's own home, or a rally in a public space) whereas political freedoms more specifically pertain to those rights and actions involving the direct petition of government (voting, etc).
Thus, banning a rally (or a gathering in a public space) would more directly pertain to civil rights, since it more directly affects an individuals activities in a not-directly-governmental sphere.
It's also exactly what a Nazi would do, but that's another argument. :)
also nationstates sometimes rates corruption as high freedom. there's an issue that will make your political freedoms go down if you don't allow corporations to buy politicians...
If you banned Nazi rallies, you banned racist remarks in public (since Nazi rallies are likely to be both public and racist).