Ainur RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Holy Empire of Augustus Telcontar (elected )

Founder: The Pax Augusta of Eldarion Telcontar

BoardActivity History Admin

World Factbook Entry

Welcome to Ainur!

Ainur is a constitutional monarchy with a very vibrant community which is based around our forums. You can join them by Linkclicking here. Once there, you can take part in our politics, our roleplays, forums games, and much more! Don't delay, sign up today!

Ainur's Current Government
The King: Augustus Telcontar

The Steward: Silangan
Speaker of the Senate: Escanthea
Chief Justice: The 3rd Army

Want to take part in our government? Make sure to Linkregister on the forums, and Linkapply for citizenship. The whole process only takes a few minutes!

WA members, please endorse our WAD, Augustus Telcontar. Everyone else, join the WA and do so!

Your Region needs you! LinkSign up for the Knights of Ainur today!


Embassies: Glass Gallows, The New Galactic Empire, British Isles, Kantrias, The Alliance of Queens, Normandy, The New Inquisition, Europeia, The Graveyard, The Caucasus, Kingdom of Ireland, Caliba, Grand Central, Equinox, Wintreath, Kosovo, and 1 other.Ticazew.

Tags: Enormous, Offsite Forums, Role Player, Imperialist, Social, Regional Government, and Game Player.

Regional Power: High

Ainur contains 176 nations, the 64th most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Most Pacifist in Ainur

Nations ranked highly pursue diplomatic solutions rather than military ones in the international arena, have small or nonexistent militaries, and peace-loving citizens.

As a region, Ainur is ranked 14,799th in the world for Most Pacifist.

#NationWA CategoryMotto
Page:  «  1  2  . . . 17  18  »

Regional Happenings

More...

Ainur Regional Message Board

The Extensive Arms Emporium of The Bermudan Pentagram wrote:

I will stress they have not been extensively tested in humid environments; what we have are only estimates based on wear rates for other forms of equipment in the field. With proper care and maintenance, and a suitably climate-controlled storage location, they should remain within spec.
With regards to your shipment arrangements, it's doubtful that a fighter escort would be necessary. Moreover, the Ministry of War is not willing to allow any other nations to have aircraft with offensive capabilities within our sovereign airspace, as they fear it might set a precedent. They can accept the C-17, and even a complement of marines, but the fighter escort is a bridge too far.
A workaround, however, would be if you could move a carrier into international waters; we could arrange for two of our own fighters to provide an escort out to international waters, then hand off security to the Thalasian Air Force there.
As for our techs and trainers, they'll be happy to take a commercial flight. BP State Arms has already worked round-trip business class tickets on Pentagrian Air into their fee, so I'm sure they'd want to make full use of it.

Very well. Our military analysts will be doing extensive testing on a few of these NEMESIS frames. The general consensus so far (based off current data) is that they will still have good use, even if humid air adds partially to earlier equipment failure. On a somewhat related note, what is your refund policy? We probably won't even have to consider it, but it is better to know ahead of time.

As for transport, your aversion to having missile and gun-laden foreign fighters in your airspace is understandable. Your staunch neutrality, while usually admirable, is giving some of our more black-and-white seeing military personnel headaches. They make the reasonable assumption that, since you are selling us what we consider to be quite advanced weapons, you would be considered a moderate ADDO ally and could be interacted with as such, and that interaction includes the assumption that you would not having a problem with another ADDO member flying a small escort in your airspace. Our foreign analysts know this is not correct, and we will consider that more so in the future. Regardless, your alternative arrangements seem to fit our tight security requirements. We're currently diverting the TSS Aegir Carrier Strike Group from the newly re-organized Second Fleet to facilitate these needs. While this special mobilization will unfortunately take a few days to properly set up, this will be ideal, as it gives enough time for your technicians to set up shop in Jacinta and for your people to better prepare the NEMESIS exoskeletons for transport and transfer.
As for the travel arrangements of your technicians, we suppose this is okay, but we will need to be able to keep close tabs on them as they make their way to the laboratories in Jacinta. If you could send us a detailed citizen profile and flight information, the Marines could take care of ground security and it would help to insulate our operation from espionage and corruption.

I looked at the World Census Report and I was like: "holy crap I'm #40!" Th3n I looked closer and realized it was rating the stupidest citizens...Dammit

Utahisdi Gadohi

The Democratic Republic of Thalasus wrote:

Very well. Our military analysts will be doing extensive testing on a few of these NEMESIS frames. The general consensus so far (based off current data) is that they will still have good use, even if humid air adds partially to earlier equipment failure. On a somewhat related note, what is your refund policy? We probably won't even have to consider it, but it is better to know ahead of time.

As for transport, your aversion to having missile and gun-laden foreign fighters in your airspace is understandable. Your staunch neutrality, while usually admirable, is giving some of our more black-and-white seeing military personnel headaches. They make the reasonable assumption that, since you are selling us what we consider to be quite advanced weapons, you would be considered a moderate ADDO ally and could be interacted with as such, and that interaction includes the assumption that you would not having a problem with another ADDO member flying a small escort in your airspace. Our foreign analysts know this is not correct, and we will consider that more so in the future. Regardless, your alternative arrangements seem to fit our tight security requirements. We're currently diverting the TSS Aegir Carrier Strike Group from the newly re-organized Second Fleet to facilitate these needs. While this special mobilization will unfortunately take a few days to properly set up, this will be ideal, as it gives enough time for your technicians to set up shop in Jacinta and for your people to better prepare the NEMESIS exoskeletons for transport and transfer.
As for the travel arrangements of your technicians, we suppose this is okay, but we will need to be able to keep close tabs on them as they make their way to the laboratories in Jacinta. If you could send us a detailed citizen profile and flight information, the Marines could take care of ground security and it would help to insulate our operation from espionage and corruption.


We refund 80% within 6 months, and 50% if it's within 2 years. Normally we also cover damage due to shipping by providing parts and labor, but since you're handling shipment rather than our trusted shipping service, you'll still have to pay parts, albeit at a 50% knockdown. The techs we're sending over should be able to handle any repairs necessary if damage does arise during the shipping.

As for your general staff (assuming it's them), the logic there is simple. Sure, we're selling you these frames, but we're also selling them to anyone else who's interested and not viewed as a threat to regional stability. Note that Vanquaria, which at least seems aligned with FLOAT, has taken receipt of a large purchase of weapons, as well as 30 of our civilian-market HERCULES exoskeletons. We're happy to be buddy-buddy with anyone, so long as we can be just as buddy-buddy with everyone else.
The frames should be ready within 3 days, and will be delivered to Dodona AFB within 5. That's the closest base we have to the coast, so hopefully your pilots won't get too anxious waiting for their turn to take over guard duty.
The techs and trainers are all booked on the BPA 803 flight to Farbanti in two days. My people will forward you their dossiers. That said, I wouldn't be too worried about espionage or corruption; the only secrets here are in terms of production, so you're pretty clear on your end. Unless you're trying to keep this a secret purchase so your capabilities are unknown, in which case talking about this in a regional forum probably wasn't the brightest idea on either of our parts.

The Extensive Arms Emporium of The Bermudan Pentagram wrote:

We refund 80% within 6 months, and 50% if it's within 2 years. Normally we also cover damage due to shipping by providing parts and labor, but since you're handling shipment rather than our trusted shipping service, you'll still have to pay parts, albeit at a 50% knockdown. The techs we're sending over should be able to handle any repairs necessary if damage does arise during the shipping.

As for your general staff (assuming it's them), the logic there is simple. Sure, we're selling you these frames, but we're also selling them to anyone else who's interested and not viewed as a threat to regional stability. Note that Vanquaria, which at least seems aligned with FLOAT, has taken receipt of a large purchase of weapons, as well as 30 of our civilian-market HERCULES exoskeletons. We're happy to be buddy-buddy with anyone, so long as we can be just as buddy-buddy with everyone else.
The frames should be ready within 3 days, and will be delivered to Dodona AFB within 5. That's the closest base we have to the coast, so hopefully your pilots won't get too anxious waiting for their turn to take over guard duty.
The techs and trainers are all booked on the BPA 803 flight to Farbanti in two days. My people will forward you their dossiers. That said, I wouldn't be too worried about espionage or corruption; the only secrets here are in terms of production, so you're pretty clear on your end. Unless you're trying to keep this a secret purchase so your capabilities are unknown, in which case talking about this in a regional forum probably wasn't the brightest idea on either of our parts.

The refund system seems fair, and our staff understands now. Well, the foreign affairs staff and the Unified Heads of State always understood. The military tech jockeys who will be receiving the equipment; not so much. Their opinion on geopolitics doesn't particularly matter to the UHS, however.
Five days is fine. And don't worry about the CSG or it's personnel, as until the escort is launched they will simply be continuing standard patrol operations (with the difference of being much closer to your border). The navy as a whole and particularly the Second and Third Fleets use radar and early warning systems that have advanced target analysis systems that serve to keep a leash on the few sailors or pilots that may have itchy trigger fingers and to protect flights or vessels that aren't a threat to Thalasian operations, if that's what you're concerned about.
My concern isn't secrecy, but that there is the potential for enemy intelligence to contact one of the personnel you are sending over. If someone were to do this, they could give secrets on not only how the exoskeletons are being used specifically but also they could give away glimpses of Thalasian Marines special operations that few others would have a chance to see. I suppose we could take stringent measures on intelligence on our end, and merely hope that you don't have many FLOAT or other enemy spies, or that if you do you can use secrecy or your own intelligence community to keep them away from the personnel that are going to be working with us.
Also, the weapons purchase is not secret, of course. But there are details about it (that we have yet to discuss and probably won't) that should be secret.

The Empire of Pax Aeternam wrote:I looked at the World Census Report and I was like: "holy crap I'm #40!" Th3n I looked closer and realized it was rating the stupidest citizens...Dammit

Hey, you win some and you lose some. :P

Utahisdi Gadohi

Is "Furniture Restoration" like auto parts refurbishing? So when someone takes the furniture factory rejects and reworks them, does that count?

The Constitutional Monarchy of Utahisdi Gadohi wrote:Is "Furniture Restoration" like auto parts refurbishing? So when someone takes the furniture factory rejects and reworks them, does that count?

Maybe? Ask the WA.

I'm about to hand control of Farbanti's city operations to the private sector in a bid to help lower taxes. Wish me luck that this doesn't mess up literally everything.

The Democratic Republic of Thalasus wrote:

The refund system seems fair, and our staff understands now. Well, the foreign affairs staff and the Unified Heads of State always understood. The military tech jockeys who will be receiving the equipment; not so much. Their opinion on geopolitics doesn't particularly matter to the UHS, however.
Five days is fine. And don't worry about the CSG or it's personnel, as until the escort is launched they will simply be continuing standard patrol operations (with the difference of being much closer to your border). The navy as a whole and particularly the Second and Third Fleets use radar and early warning systems that have advanced target analysis systems that serve to keep a leash on the few sailors or pilots that may have itchy trigger fingers and to protect flights or vessels that aren't a threat to Thalasian operations, if that's what you're concerned about.
My concern isn't secrecy, but that there is the potential for enemy intelligence to contact one of the personnel you are sending over. If someone were to do this, they could give secrets on not only how the exoskeletons are being used specifically but also they could give away glimpses of Thalasian Marines special operations that few others would have a chance to see. I suppose we could take stringent measures on intelligence on our end, and merely hope that you don't have many FLOAT or other enemy spies, or that if you do you can use secrecy or your own intelligence community to keep them away from the personnel that are going to be working with us.
Also, the weapons purchase is not secret, of course. But there are details about it (that we have yet to discuss and probably won't) that should be secret.


We're not too worried about the carrier group; I was merely joking about the pilots, since I doubt anyone would get especially excited about the prospect of guard duty, whether they were doing it in a plane or not. At any rate, I have full confidence in our pilots and in the design of the PF-108.
Just in case, tell them that there will be several ORION GTAM sites watching for anybody with an itchy trigger finger, and they're perfectly serviceable out to 180km.
...man, this whole handoff is an international incident waiting to happen.

Spies have a difficult time infiltrating themselves into the Bermudan Pentagram, thanks to our mandatory GPS and RFIDentity implants. It's certainly possible that some citizens might have been suborned by FLOAT, but these are all ex-SPARTANs we're sending you, and their loyalty is unquestionable. Literally. They get confused if you ask if they're spying for anyone else. The possibility hasn't crossed most of their minds.
Moreover, with only a 2-day window, I sincerely doubt any intelligence apparatus could get agents in place anyway. The only alternative is if they had always been in place, and that's a problem far more likely to occur on your end.
Since this is a regional forum, however, I would like to stress that should any of our citizens, even non-military ones, go missing, the GPS implants are tamper-proof, and will explode if any attempts are made to remove them. There was only enough room for about half a gram of semtex, but that will be more than sufficient to kill any 'intelligence source' you might seek to 'acquire'.
And if you don't remove them, we'll know exactly where you are.
You can't win! So don't bother.

The Extensive Arms Emporium of The Bermudan Pentagram wrote:

We're not too worried about the carrier group; I was merely joking about the pilots, since I doubt anyone would get especially excited about the prospect of guard duty, whether they were doing it in a plane or not. At any rate, I have full confidence in our pilots and in the design of the PF-108.
Just in case, tell them that there will be several ORION GTAM sites watching for anybody with an itchy trigger finger, and they're perfectly serviceable out to 180km.
...man, this whole handoff is an international incident waiting to happen.

Spies have a difficult time infiltrating themselves into the Bermudan Pentagram, thanks to our mandatory GPS and RFIDentity implants. It's certainly possible that some citizens might have been suborned by FLOAT, but these are all ex-SPARTANs we're sending you, and their loyalty is unquestionable. Literally. They get confused if you ask if they're spying for anyone else. The possibility hasn't crossed most of their minds.
Moreover, with only a 2-day window, I sincerely doubt any intelligence apparatus could get agents in place anyway. The only alternative is if they had always been in place, and that's a problem far more likely to occur on your end.
Since this is a regional forum, however, I would like to stress that should any of our citizens, even non-military ones, go missing, the GPS implants are tamper-proof, and will explode if any attempts are made to remove them. There was only enough room for about half a gram of semtex, but that will be more than sufficient to kill any 'intelligence source' you might seek to 'acquire'.
And if you don't remove them, we'll know exactly where you are.
You can't win! So don't bother.

Just out of curiosity, is your PF-108 anything like the American XF-108? Also, don't worry about an incident. If this is treated as a simple patrol and escort mission, barely a deviation from normal schedule, then everything will be okay. I will not relay your comment about your ORION SAM system, but I will keep it in mind. Regardless, the TSS Rendora Carrier Strike Group (one supercarrier with CVW, two guided missile destroyers, two Aegis missile frigates, and one submarine) is now on the way to a spot in international waters close to your nation.

Your frankly insane level of monitoring and control that you place on your citizens, while honestly disturbing to us, suits our security needs for this and any future weapons deal quite nicely. You have our thanks and confidence.

The Republic of Estontium and The Constitutional Monarchy of Utahisdi Gadohi are both formally invited to join the Ainurian Democratic Defense Organization, or ADDO.

ADDO is a coalition of allied nations that share similar values regarding the universality of human rights and the necessity of democracy. This coalition is primarily a defense pact and military alliance, allowing for nations to easily band together and support one another when they are under attack to defend democratic institutions and to protect human rights. It can also run offensive military operations itself, such as invasions or air strikes (with a unanimous member agreement) as well as setting up naval blockades (if 75% agree) and no-fly zones (if >50% agree) on potential and current threats. It's real life analogue is NATO.

As of right now, there are only two requirements for ADDO membership. You must...
1. You must have a functioning democracy ("Some" or better in Political Freedoms), and adhere to standards of human rights ("Average" or better in Civil Rights), and
2. You must have a standing army, Air Force, and (if applicable) navy of some kind with total military personnel numbering over 10,000 people, and must also be willing to use that military in defense of other ADDO members in both combat and support roles.

If you have both of these, you can either apply for ADDO membership or accept an invitation. Since both nations I have mentioned in the first paragraph meet all the requirements, I'll be eagerly waiting a response from them.

Forum View

by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics