WA Delegate (non-executive): The Holy Navy of The Republic of Kentucky (elected 294 days ago)
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry in Ainur
As a region, Ainur is ranked 544th in the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- 13 hours ago: The Republic of Gainseville departed this region for Spartania.
- 17 hours ago: The Republic of Gainseville arrived from Madrigal.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: The Watchtower of Yalez arrived from Balder.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: The Kingdom of Kingdom of Xanos departed this region for The Hyatt Islands.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: The Kingdom of Kingdom of Xanos arrived from The Pacific.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: The Federal Republic of Shochiku ceased to exist.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: The Free Land of 3-cent ceased to exist.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: The Lovely Land of of Pax Notem ceased to exist.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: The Commonwealth of Mentron arrived from The South Pacific.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: The Kingdom of Hasthinapur of the region Akhand Bhaarat proposed constructing embassies.
Ainur Regional Message Board
Nope, but it would be your best and only bet.
What makes you so sure? Regardless of international law, there is still a lot of free space on Antarctica.
Yeah, but it's extremely cold.
Far easier to knock out a dictatorship in a small and generally forgotten country in Africa. I'd suggest somewhere like Togo or Equatorial Guinea. Their leaders don't have very much sympathy from the big Western powers, so you'd likely be able to get away with a coup so long as you dressed it up as "the will of the people".
There are a number of volcanoes on Antarctica. These could provide geothermal power to power indoor heaters.
Where are you getting the funding and manpower to run these?
Indeed. If they're so viable, someone would have done something with them already... Back in the 50s people foresaw domed cities in Antarctica; I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon. Greenland is slightly more viable, they have minerals, and also the feasibility of living there.
The countries that exist today will not last forever, no more than the Roman Empire did. There will be chances in the future to found new nations.
"The people are awakening. In due course of time they will come into their own."
Who said that?
;) No, seriously, Eugene Debs, noted socialist and famous fortune-teller.