WA Delegate (non-executive): The Island Republic of Markanite (elected 21 days ago)
Founder: The United States of Grub
Embassies: Texas, Yggdrasil, Urbanites, Renegade Islands Alliance, Canada, European Union, Wysteria, Mordor, Global Right Alliance, the Rejected Realms, Lazarus, The East Pacific, Philosophy 115, Deutschland, ITALIA, Nederland, and 6 others.Liberty Alliance, France, Chicago, India, Democrats, and Valhalla.
Regional Power: Extremely High
Today's World Census Report
The Greatest Rich-Poor Divides in 10000 Islands
Nations ranked highly have large gaps between the incomes of rich and poor citizens. Nations low on the list have high levels of income equality.
As a region, 10000 Islands is ranked 9,665th in the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 2 hours ago: The Free Land of Region runner departed this region for Coalition of Catholic States.
- 4 hours ago: The Republic of The Changeling Republic arrived from The South Pacific.
- 6 hours ago: The Republic of Gateborg arrived from Balder.
- 7 hours ago: The Kingdom of ArtRave departed this region for The Black Riders.
- 8 hours ago: The Kingdom of ArtRave arrived from The East Pacific.
- 8 hours ago: The Kingdom of New Moshcovia departed this region for The Rejected Realms.
- 8 hours ago: The Confederacy of Talo departed this region for The Rejected Realms.
- 8 hours ago: The Republic of Clinique departed this region for Glorious Nations of Iwaku.
- 8 hours ago: The Republic of Clinique arrived from Glorious Nations of Iwaku.
- 9 hours ago: The Community of Prosperity Isle Commune ceased to exist.
10000 Islands Regional Message Board
If your phone and even your watch can run DOOM, then why not your printer?
Running DOOM is pretty much one of the many benchmark capabilities a given piece of electronic equipment can do.
MANY of you have well-thought out, detailed concepts of your nation and your nation's history, strengths, and weaknesses. One Problem I see is that many of us post "News" and "Events" about our personal nations, and that is evidence of the care we all take in creating these beasties.
BUT, on the other hand, I personally think that our actual RP activities, using our actual nations, is a weak area in XKI. We post our nation's news, and maybe one or two other people reply, at most. I think it's time we actually interacted, with nations as WE created them.
This thread: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/28643/creating-new-story-ooc-temporarily is an attempt to see who might be interested in creating a storyline as we interact together with our nations. It is for people who crave role-playing and story-telling and intrigue and story-lines....in essence, the kind of thread that would actually form the basis of a fantasy novel if we published it at the end. :)
If this is something you are interested in, post in this thread, and I will create a second specific thread after we have enough sign-ups, whereby we introduce our disparate nations, and begin a story line.
Your Dungeonmaster ;),
Tunís Qorsa, King Tuathal I of Scow Creek
Mm, is future tech allowed?
someone is "BAA ing" the canadian anthem outside our window ........ i get the feeling it might be you
Do any of you think that Tibet should be independent from the People's Republic of China?
Do you think that that could be achieved some time in the near future?
Possibly, with the monks silent burning method (they set themselves on fire and sit in the ground silent) it could be achieved, but it would be a long long time
I personally don't have an opinion there, as I'm not from either of those nations and I'm really not familiar with the situation. I think that if people in Tibet want to separate from the PRC and form their own country, then they can do that. As an outsider though, I really don't feel qualified to have an opinion there. It's a really difficult question no matter where you're from though.
Here is the website of the Tibetan government in exile: