WA Delegate (non-executive): The Island Republic of Markanite (elected 90 days ago)
Founder: The United States of Grub
Embassies: Texas, Yggdrasil, Urbanites, Renegade Islands Alliance, Canada, European Union, Wysteria, Mordor, Global Right Alliance, the Rejected Realms, Lazarus, The East Pacific, Philosophy 115, Deutschland, ITALIA, Nederland, and 4 others.France, India, Valhalla, and Wintreath.
Regional Power: Extremely High
Today's World Census Report
The Highest Police Ratios in 10000 Islands
Nations ranked highly have large numbers of police or other law enforcement officials compared to the number to citizens.
As a region, 10000 Islands is ranked 3,974th in the world for Highest Police Ratios.
- 51 minutes ago: The Ardrean Mining Colony of Ninabi arrived from The East Pacific.
- 54 minutes ago: The Kingdom of Disney-World arrived from The North Pacific.
- 64 minutes ago: The Kingdom of Darlorn arrived from The South Pacific.
- 2 hours ago: The Republic of Humans of Garden arrived from The Land of Kings and Emperors.
- 2 hours ago: The Republic of Xeph departed this region for The Greater German Reich.
- 2 hours ago: The Republic of Yeah Im Totally Luque departed this region for MLP.
- 2 hours ago: The Republic of Xeph arrived from The East Pacific.
- 2 hours ago: The Republic of Jennifer Cadera arrived from The North Pacific.
- 2 hours ago: The Commonwealth of New Zealand Raiders departed this region for The Rejected Realms.
- 2 hours ago: The United States of Grub ejected The Commonwealth of New Zealand Raiders from the region.
10000 Islands Regional Message Board
And that's your biased opinion :)
Uh, National Public Radio. Only the most popular and well-known radio station in the nation. They do all kinds of high quality reporting of issues around the world. They even host the BBC world service news hour.
A lot of opinions are biased.
Which nation? I live in Canada.
I never knew you lived in Canada. With all your talk about visiting Turkey I figured you lived in Europe somewhere. Color me surprised. :)
NPR is an American news station, publicly funded which means no commercials or anything like that. I believe it's actually available in parts of Canada. And of course I'm sure you know all about the BBC world service.
I'm a global person. I live in Canada, but also part Turkish, Filipino, and Spanish. I belong to several countries.
I obviously know BBC. I don't listen to news on the radio so much, so I only know our local news station and international ones but who has time to search for those? :P
Yeah I know radio has declined a lot in recent years. I listen to it during my commutes to/from work, since I'm on the road a while with nothing else to do. It helps me stay informed on what's going on in the world.
I listen to the radio for music. I really don't like to listen to the news too much because it depresses me, as if I don't have things to worry about... :(
I hear ya there. News can be crazy depressing sometimes, like this business in Ferguson (and those insane riots! Holy crap it's like a 3rd world country there right now). But where I live we seem to have a distinct lack of good music available on the radio. So it's either news or albums I bring with me. :/
We listen to the '70s, 80s, 90s' radio. There are some good songs on there, and it helps me find more music. One of my favourite bands is U2, which I first heard on the radio. But if they have good news to make up for the bad news, then I wouldn't mind news. Seriously, why isn't good news important?
Dude, the RMB is booming. Let's talk positive for a while.