10000 Islands RMB 10000 Islands was Commended by Security Council Resolution # 30

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Republic of Boltor (elected )

Founder: The United States of Grub

BoardPollActivity History Admin Rank

Most World Assembly Endorsements: 7th Most Nations: 11th Most Influential: 17th
World Factbook Entry

Founded in 2003!
Welcome to the 10000 Islands! We are a picturesque archipelago of islands renowned for our white-sand beaches and blue-green waves. This region is not only a prosperous center of culture & trade, but also a well-armed defense territory.

We warmly invite you to join our forum located LinkHERE using the name of your nation to register.

We are also home to "TITO" - Ten thousand Islands Treaty Organization - and have over 2500 successful missions to date! We stand against the bullies and thugs of this game. If you want to help us fight against the evil in NationStates, join us on our mission.

Please endorse our new Delegate,The Republic of Boltor...

LinkNew Nation Bonus!

LinkFor Embassy Requests, please click here.



  1. 1

    Featured nation 12/16: Nordenmans Land

    BulletinNews by Markanite . 1 read.

  2. 1

    10000 Islands Emissary Report 10/16

    BulletinNews by Boltor . 78 reads.

  3. 16

    10000 Islands FAQ

    BulletinPolicy by Grub . 1,805 reads.

  4. 1

    WA Votes and Discussions

    BulletinPolicy by Louisistan . 814 reads.

  5. 18

    New XKI Rift Banners

    BulletinNews by Grub . 1,598 reads.

  6. 5

    RMB Rules

    BulletinPolicy by Aersoldorf . 723 reads.

▼ 3 More

Embassies: Texas, Yggdrasil, Renegade Islands Alliance, Canada, European Union, Wysteria, Mordor, Global Right Alliance, the Rejected Realms, The East Pacific, Philosophy 115, Deutschland, ITALIA, Nederland, France, India, and 19 others.Valhalla, Wintreath, Australia, Spiritus, The Coalition of Democratic Nations, Lazarus, Europe, The FRA, The North Pacific, 00000 A World Power, The Western Isles, Middle Earth, Arctic, Urbanites, International Northwestern Union, Greater Dienstad, Hogwarts, Taijitu, and belgium.

Tags: Game Player, Map, Gargantuan, Democratic, Featured, Capitalist, Regional Government, Commended, Defender, and Offsite Forums.

Regional Power: Extremely High

10000 Islands contains 1,824 nations, the 11th most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Most Advanced Public Transport in 10000 Islands

World Census experts captured, tagged, and released trains in order to identify which nations have the most extensive, well-funded public transportation systems.

As a region, 10000 Islands is ranked 4,482nd in the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.

NationWA CategoryMotto
«12. . .182183

Regional Poll • How often do you go to cinemas?

Poll called by The Unnecessary capitalisation of 3LiT3

Voting opened 22 hours ago and will close . Open to all nations. You cannot vote as you are not logged in.

Recent polls: “Have you been on a plane before?”“Do you have Pokemon Sun/Moon?”

Regional Happenings

More...

10000 Islands Regional Message Board

The Republic of The GolgariClone wrote:Hello! i hope you stay awhile in the XKI. if you stay you will find this community open and friendly :) we have an off-site forum that has a ton of ton to do if you are interestedi started playing this game around 5+ years ago (i quit for a period of 3-4 years) and i never noticed and/or got to the point of custom titles if they were available back thenby left wing you mean liberal? I see myself as more of an conservationist
By all means you can have your own opinion on things but being unable to see why people support one side is somewhat close minded :P but since i think you are a trying to actually learn more of the other side i'll try to answer your question :)
Your question cannot really be answered completely because it is a matter of opinion where you are on the political spectrum. keeping in mind a lot of people have different backgrounds and beliefs which influence the choices they make today
I'm not going to a heated debate between the liberals and conservatives because there no one side that is inherently right. Furthermore most of the support behind these debates are mostly personal beliefs and opinions but not usually facts
if you have a specific question on a topic, i can try to answer it to the best of my ability through the eyes of a conservatist (hopefully)

Yes I do mean liberal. I understand that opinions are just that, opinoins. As a liberal I would like to ask you one out opinoins on welfare.

The Kingdom of LunctLand wrote:Yes I do mean liberal. I understand that opinions are just that, opinoins. As a liberal I would like to ask you one out opinoins on welfare.


my personal opinion on welfare is:

It is this the case where sometime people do not have the ability, nor the family to take care of themselves. so in the case of people to old to take care of themselves they have to depend on their savings to pay for the expenses of their care. Sometimes that is not enough either due to unfortunate/unexpected events. welfare can help these people to an extent, but welfare is one of the reason the national debt to so high, the government cannot take care of every sick and disabled person. It is a noble ideal, but thats where it stops, an ideal, It is ludicrous to expect a single organization to pay and manage every one who cannot provide for themselves. The government should however, to an extent, care for the elderly and Veterans. these people helped build the foundation that america now rests on.

Now some people argue that Social Security is enough for those people(i don't know who but there must be some:P) i see that the SS is not any solution to retirement(I'm not sure where the exactly goes but SS is close to welfare:P) because the SS was created to help people when the life expectancy was 65 and people were expected to have 6 children

Where i have a problem with welfare is the people who abuse it and the continuing destructive spiral in can have. Ignoring the people who deliberately use it to be lazy and not have to work(because they will always exist in any welfare system). people who can work but instead rely on welfare to pay for their expenses is one of the problems. One example of this is Mr Smith(this example is not 100% of the people who do this). Smith is 65 and has no health problems that prevent him from working. smith is not a wealthy man but figures out he can retire now and live off SS and various welfare programs. i believe people should work and provide for themselves as long as they can(a health issue would be one reason to retire). If one can retire and only rely on his savings and not having to use welfare should be the ideal. The adults today who can't find a job i'm more suspicious of. I find it doubt fun for someone who is dedicated to finding work will fail to find it. And in the case where no one wants to hire that person, is it due to lifestyle choices that person made? for example: not finishing high school, being a drunkard or a drug addict, being just lazy or deciding to start a fight and be uncooperative with everyone. these are not the only reason why someone is not hired or fired, but providing welfare to someone who can't get a job due to reason like these leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I realize that the economy sucks and employers sometimes has to fire or not hire people, but people who are dedicated to finding a job should still be able to find something even if it means working at a mcdonalds or other less desirable job. there are situations where an accident can cause a person to be unable to care for himself and in that extreme case the blurred line gets even more blurred.

The destructive spiral i mentioned earlier goes as follows(as far as i know)

There are legitimate people in need. the government helps them(through welfare) more people need help. government tries to help them but does not have enough money. Government has two options, print more money(leads to inflation) or borrow money(increase debt). lets say the government goes with option 2. Government takes money either through more taxes or through government services(Lets use the SS for this example) people depend on these services need more money(i.e. the old people) result is people depend get less and less money for all the new welfare services. new welfare services to help people. other people feel the effect of this which cause more and more welfare to be created and therefore puts a train on the actual working people of America. this strain is not helped by those who are to lazy to get jobs or those who abuse this welfare.

I know i didn't talk about all the welfare issues there are and i know the welfare services isn't the only reason why we have such a huge debt, but i believe at this point more welfare is only going to hurt more than its going to help. an argument that is used against this stance is often "are you just going to let those people suffer?" and thats not wrong, but the government is going to have to find a different way to do it because putting this country in debt and putting a strain on the people who are working isn't the answer. working to pay off someone's retirement, then rely on someone else paying for your retirement is going to end in fire

well i know this post isn't the "end all be all" and I'm sure they are people who disagree with me on both ends and have valid reason for so but this is what i think on this issue(as confusing and jumbled as it is :P)

The Republic of The GolgariClone wrote:my personal opinion on welfare is:
It is this the case where sometime people do not have the ability, nor the family to take care of themselves. so in the case of people to old to take care of themselves they have to depend on their savings to pay for the expenses of their care. Sometimes that is not enough either due to unfortunate/unexpected events. welfare can help these people to an extent, but welfare is one of the reason the national debt to so high, the government cannot take care of every sick and disabled person. It is a noble ideal, but thats where it stops, an ideal, It is ludicrous to expect a single organization to pay and manage every one who cannot provide for themselves. The government should however, to an extent, care for the elderly and Veterans. these people helped build the foundation that america now rests on.
Now some people argue that Social Security is enough for those people(i don't know who but there must be some:P) i see that the SS is not any solution to retirement(I'm not sure where the exactly goes but SS is close to welfare:P) because the SS was created to help people when the life expectancy was 65 and people were expected to have 6 children
Where i have a problem with welfare is the people who abuse it and the continuing destructive spiral in can have. Ignoring the people who deliberately use it to be lazy and not have to work(because they will always exist in any welfare system). people who can work but instead rely on welfare to pay for their expenses is one of the problems. One example of this is Mr Smith(this example is not 100% of the people who do this). Smith is 65 and has no health problems that prevent him from working. smith is not a wealthy man but figures out he can retire now and live off SS and various welfare programs. i believe people should work and provide for themselves as long as they can(a health issue would be one reason to retire). If one can retire and only rely on his savings and not having to use welfare should be the ideal. The adults today who can't find a job i'm more suspicious of. I find it doubt fun for someone who is dedicated to finding work will fail to find it. And in the case where no one wants to hire that person, is it due to lifestyle choices that person made? for example: not finishing high school, being a drunkard or a drug addict, being just lazy or deciding to start a fight and be uncooperative with everyone. these are not the only reason why someone is not hired or fired, but providing welfare to someone who can't get a job due to reason like these leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I realize that the economy sucks and employers sometimes has to fire or not hire people, but people who are dedicated to finding a job should still be able to find something even if it means working at a mcdonalds or other less desirable job. there are situations where an accident can cause a person to be unable to care for himself and in that extreme case the blurred line gets even more blurred.
The destructive spiral i mentioned earlier goes as follows(as far as i know)
There are legitimate people in need. the government helps them(through welfare) more people need help. government tries to help them but does not have enough money. Government has two options, print more money(leads to inflation) or borrow money(increase debt). lets say the government goes with option 2. Government takes money either through more taxes or through government services(Lets use the SS for this example) people depend on these services need more money(i.e. the old people) result is people depend get less and less money for all the new welfare services. new welfare services to help people. other people feel the effect of this which cause more and more welfare to be created and therefore puts a train on the actual working people of America. this strain is not helped by those who are to lazy to get jobs or those who abuse this welfare.
I know i didn't talk about all the welfare issues there are and i know the welfare services isn't the only reason why we have such a huge debt, but i believe at this point more welfare is only going to hurt more than its going to help. an argument that is used against this stance is often "are you just going to let those people suffer?" and thats not wrong, but the government is going to have to find a different way to do it because putting this country in debt and putting a strain on the people who are working isn't the answer. working to pay off someone's retirement, then rely on someone else paying for your retirement is going to end in fire
well i know this post isn't the "end all be all" and I'm sure they are people who disagree with me on both ends and have valid reason for so but this is what i think on this issue(as confusing and jumbled as it is :P)


I Agree, welfare is for the needy not the lazy. I think that's what you wrote about, by the time I finished I only remembered what half the thing said.

The Constitutional Monarchy of Coprahna wrote:Hi, I'm new...


Sup

4th in the region for public transport :)

The Democratic Republic of New fania wrote:I Agree, welfare is for the needy not the lazy. I think that's what you wrote about, by the time I finished I only remembered what half the thing said.
Sup


a post i spent way to long writing.... summed up in a sentence...

but very basically yeah. government cannot support everyone so people need to be smart with their money and not expect government to care for them :P

The Republic of The GolgariClone wrote:my personal opinion on welfare is:
It is this the case where sometime people do not have the ability, nor the family to take care of themselves. so in the case of people to old to take care of themselves they have to depend on their savings to pay for the expenses of their care. Sometimes that is not enough either due to unfortunate/unexpected events. welfare can help these people to an extent, but welfare is one of the reason the national debt to so high, the government cannot take care of every sick and disabled person. It is a noble ideal, but thats where it stops, an ideal, It is ludicrous to expect a single organization to pay and manage every one who cannot provide for themselves. The government should however, to an extent, care for the elderly and Veterans. these people helped build the foundation that america now rests on.
Now some people argue that Social Security is enough for those people(i don't know who but there must be some:P) i see that the SS is not any solution to retirement(I'm not sure where the exactly goes but SS is close to welfare:P) because the SS was created to help people when the life expectancy was 65 and people were expected to have 6 children
Where i have a problem with welfare is the people who abuse it and the continuing destructive spiral in can have. Ignoring the people who deliberately use it to be lazy and not have to work(because they will always exist in any welfare system). people who can work but instead rely on welfare to pay for their expenses is one of the problems. One example of this is Mr Smith(this example is not 100% of the people who do this). Smith is 65 and has no health problems that prevent him from working. smith is not a wealthy man but figures out he can retire now and live off SS and various welfare programs. i believe people should work and provide for themselves as long as they can(a health issue would be one reason to retire). If one can retire and only rely on his savings and not having to use welfare should be the ideal. The adults today who can't find a job i'm more suspicious of. I find it doubt fun for someone who is dedicated to finding work will fail to find it. And in the case where no one wants to hire that person, is it due to lifestyle choices that person made? for example: not finishing high school, being a drunkard or a drug addict, being just lazy or deciding to start a fight and be uncooperative with everyone. these are not the only reason why someone is not hired or fired, but providing welfare to someone who can't get a job due to reason like these leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I realize that the economy sucks and employers sometimes has to fire or not hire people, but people who are dedicated to finding a job should still be able to find something even if it means working at a mcdonalds or other less desirable job. there are situations where an accident can cause a person to be unable to care for himself and in that extreme case the blurred line gets even more blurred.
The destructive spiral i mentioned earlier goes as follows(as far as i know)
There are legitimate people in need. the government helps them(through welfare) more people need help. government tries to help them but does not have enough money. Government has two options, print more money(leads to inflation) or borrow money(increase debt). lets say the government goes with option 2. Government takes money either through more taxes or through government services(Lets use the SS for this example) people depend on these services need more money(i.e. the old people) result is people depend get less and less money for all the new welfare services. new welfare services to help people. other people feel the effect of this which cause more and more welfare to be created and therefore puts a train on the actual working people of America. this strain is not helped by those who are to lazy to get jobs or those who abuse this welfare.
I know i didn't talk about all the welfare issues there are and i know the welfare services isn't the only reason why we have such a huge debt, but i believe at this point more welfare is only going to hurt more than its going to help. an argument that is used against this stance is often "are you just going to let those people suffer?" and thats not wrong, but the government is going to have to find a different way to do it because putting this country in debt and putting a strain on the people who are working isn't the answer. working to pay off someone's retirement, then rely on someone else paying for your retirement is going to end in fire
well i know this post isn't the "end all be all" and I'm sure they are people who disagree with me on both ends and have valid reason for so but this is what i think on this issue(as confusing and jumbled as it is :P)

As much as this is a very strong argument. I have to say I disagree. Even if welfare puts the nation in debt, even if 99% of people abuse it, I still think it should be used. Imagine you were in debt and have no relatives that can help you. So you work your but off than get an illness so you can no longer work. Then in that position, imagine if you get no help from the government, because some people were abusing the system. It is like back in school, where you teacher keeps back the whole class because a couple people misbehaved. It is unfair, that you have to suffer, because of other people's wrong doing, when it benefits no-one.

Spiritbw, Neutrality United, and The GolgariClone

The Republic of Brasilia wrote:“Have you been on a plane before?” • “Do you have Pokemon Sun/Moon?” • “How often do you go to cinemas?”
3LiT3, you sure you do not have more interesting polls? This is a political simulator, not a school newspaper. I sent a suggestion about a poll about North Korea and to this day I did not have an answer.

I'd check your telegrams then, because I did send you a reply. While this is a political simulator, we also don't want to cause pointless arguments on the RMB.

Alkasia and The GolgariClone

The United States of United States of Kerthina wrote:I HAVE MY OWN CAPITAL YAYAYYAYAYYAYAY FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!


You Capiotal is "New Phili City"? What? Well mine is St Gernada

When it comes to welfare I agree you want to help the needy, but you also want to keep folks from abusing the system. If more folks are abusing the system than it's actually helping it's really not serving its purpose. On the other hand you can't have a system that keeps out folks that need the aid just in order to screen out freeloaders. Furthermore you don't want the efforts to screen out freeloaders costing more than it would cost just having the freeloaders abusing the system otherwise it defeats the point. Its a fine balancing act I don't think we give governments enough credit for.

Neutrality United

heyo, glad to be here :) level 29 in challenge, export a sh!t ton of cheese somehow

Forum View

by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics