“You may all stop clapping at the ringing of the bell.”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Pacific
The Adoring Masses of Myrth is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Stavros Djubric with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 26.188 billion Myrthians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Environment and Social Policy not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Myrantos. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Myrthian economy, worth an astonishing 18,064 trillion Myrthan Souls a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is a breathtaking 689,786 Myrthan Souls, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 6,409,267 per year while the poor average 6,863, a ratio of 933 to 1.
Criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat, Myrth's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Myrantos, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Myrth's national animal is the black dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Myrth is ranked 3,943rd in the Pacific and 113,276th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with -9,077.85 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Myrth, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Myrth, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Myrantos.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Myrth, Myrth's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Myrth, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Myrth, citizens select which government department gets their income tax Myrthan Souls each year.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Myrth, mobile phone masts are being erected all over the country.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Myrth, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked.
- 27 days ago: Myrth changed its national nation type to "Adoring Masses".
- 49 days ago: Myrth was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 50 days ago: Myrth was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).