A message from NationStates creator Max Barry
You know that annoying ad at the top of your nation page? Yeah, sorry about that. My fault. It's just that I don't make a living from NationStates, so I hope you'll eventually think, "This game isn't bad. Maybe the guy's books are okay, too. I might buy one and find out."
Plenty of you have done that. Thank you so much: you've helped make it possible for me to keep doing what I love.
If you are one of those people, then please go ahead and remove the ad from your nation page. It's very simple:
- You don't need to prove you bought a book. I believe you.
- One is enough. If you don't want to read any more after that, I am doing something wrong.
- For one book purchase, you can remove the ads for all your nations, current and future.
- Second-hand doesn't count. Neither does borrowing me from a library. I appreciate people being interested in my books enough to do that. But at some point I hope they will buy one, so I can, you know, keep doing this.
- If the ad changes in the future—e.g. I have another book published—you'll see the new ad for a few days. You can just remove it again. (This may happen once a year or so.)
- We're only talking about the banner ad on your nation page under the "Antiquity" theme, the one for my books. The other ads, the Google ones, can be removed via a NationStates Supporter Account.
That's it! If you qualify, click one of the links below, and thank you!
- [ I've bought a copy of Lexicon ]
- [ I've bought a copy of Machine Man ]
- [ I've bought a copy of Company ]
- [ I've bought a copy of Jennifer Government ]
- [ I've bought a copy of Syrup ]
If you haven't bought one of my books, well, now you know why there's that odd, gnawing hole in your life. Why not fill it today?