“Having fun isn't hard when you've got a library card.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Federal Republic of Zyrcrestia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by its president with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and museums and concert halls. The hard-working, democratic population of 9.497 billion Zyrcrestians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Education, although Environment and Defense are also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zyrtulai. The average income tax rate is 26.5%.
The strong Zyrcrestian economy, worth 446 trillion zyrces a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Average income is 47,025 zyrces, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Zyrcrestia's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor, gigantic new prisons are springing up all over the nation, and the police force is on a recruitment drive. Crime is relatively low. Zyrcrestia's national animal is the raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 6 hours ago
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zyrcrestia, the police force is on a recruitment drive.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Zyrcrestia, gigantic new prisons are springing up all over the nation.
- 5 days ago: Zyrcrestia was endorsed by The Confederacy of Perotasoa.
- 5 days ago: Zyrcrestia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- 8 days ago: Zyrcrestia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disabled Voters Act".
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Zyrcrestia, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor.
- 12 days ago: Zyrcrestia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Double Taxation".
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Zyrcrestia, Zyrcrestia's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Zyrcrestia, hospitals are amongst the best-funded in the region.
- 15 days ago: Zyrcrestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Beiluxia, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Dustwind, Rex Republic, Mystiquelle, Markanite, LARF, FreeGunsForAll, Randomain, Steidenland, Wolfhunters, Christian Indonesia, Earth Federation, Yatsuhashimurasaki, Jamestonian Empire, Moraxellon, Coreras, The Soylent Green Party, Kelvinski, Achiotopia, Aipotu Ruo, Grungerock, Lebenlauf, Tzo, Enhydra Lutris, Seranis, Royal Hindus, Czechoslovachia, No Hope, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Korean United States, Souvlaki, Iontan, The imperial state of Japan, Anollasia, Hamtown, Testa, Zafalla, Screaming Saint, Chronopolice, Freres La Cote, Kabletopia, Asgard the Home of Thor, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Kokkinostan, Nojia, Blogotopia, Wysrod, Zabbar, The Iron Crown Order, and 7 others.Rogue Zealand, Bullintine, Friedberg, Samonaemia, Richecstan, Solleana, and Perotasoa.