“Having fun isn't hard when you've got a library card.”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Federal Republic of Zyrcrestia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by its president with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 8.868 billion Zyrcrestians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large government concentrates mainly on Education, although the Environment and Defence are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zyrtulai. The average income tax rate is 4%. An almost nonexistent private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, eminent domain has been abolished, people eagerly queue days at A&E to wait for their free healthcare, and the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zyrcrestia's national animal is the raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the zyrce.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Zyrcrestia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zyrcrestia, the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zyrcrestia, people eagerly queue days at A&E to wait for their free healthcare.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zyrcrestia, eminent domain has been abolished.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zyrcrestia, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zyrcrestia, euthanasia is legal.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Zyrcrestia, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads.
- 5 days ago: Zyrcrestia was endorsed by The United Systems of Nojia.
- 5 days ago: Zyrcrestia lost the endorsement of The United Systems of Nojia.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Zyrcrestia, nine out of ten citizens of Zyrcrestia answered 'nuclear safety inspector' when asked their occupation.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Beiluxia, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Dustwind, Rex Republic, Mystiquelle, Markanite, LARF, FreeGunsForAll, Randomain, Steidenland, Wolfhunters, Blogotopia, Christian Indonesia, Earth Federation, Yatsuhashimurasaki, Jamestonian Empire, Moraxellon, Coreras, The Soylent Green Party, Libertariu, Kelvinski, Achiotopia, Aipotu Ruo, Grungerock, Lebenlauf, Pilrimania, Tzo, Enhydra Lutris, Seranis, Royal Hindus, Czechoslovachia, No Hope, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Lahuland, Goat Horns, Korean United States, Thanya, Souvlaki, Iontan, The imperial state of Japan, Anollasia, Hamtown, Testa, Zafalla, Screaming Saint, Laan, Chronopolice, Freres La Cote, Sticks and Skulls, Kabletopia, and 5 others.Asgard the Home of Thor, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Kokkinostan, Elzirn, and Nojia.