The Kingdom of Zonom is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Zonomar with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, strictly enforced bedtime, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 19.678 billion Zonomians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Law & Order, with Education, Healthcare, and Defense also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zonom City. The average income tax rate is 66.7%.
The enormous but inefficient Zonomian economy, worth a remarkable 2,015 trillion isks a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 102,404 isks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
The government has completely eliminated all childcare programs, country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized, polling place volunteers are suddenly opening a huge number of offshore bank accounts, and school children are forced to sing the national anthem every morning. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zonom's national animal is the beaver, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zonom was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Zonom's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Zonom's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Zonom was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Zonom's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Zonom was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Zonom's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Zonom, school children are forced to sing the national anthem every morning.
- : Zonom was refounded in Balder.
- : Zonom ceased to exist.