“Live by Society's Rules”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Kingdom of Zonom is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Zonomar with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed population of 14.247 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Education and Healthcare are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zonom City. The average income tax rate is 14%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
The government seizes all major gold finds, private business has started paving paradises and putting up parking lots, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded, and citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zonom's national animal is the beaver, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the isk.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 4 days ago: Zonom was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 14 days ago: Zonom was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Zonom, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
- 35 days ago: Zonom was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 36 days ago: Zonom fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 37 days ago: Zonom was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 37 days ago: Following new legislation in Zonom, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- 41 days ago: Zonom was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 42 days ago: Zonom was struck by a Cure Missile from The Interstellar Empire of Gnark, curing 561 million infected.
- 45 days ago: Zonom fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.