The Radical Environmentalists of Zmon is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Tree Of Eternal Wisdom with an even hand, and renowned for its digital currency, hatred of cheese, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate population of 9.142 billion Zmonis are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jungle Grove. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Zmonish economy, worth 495 trillion Butterfly Wings a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, extremely specialized black market in Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 54,172 Butterfly Wings, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace, crossbow bolts fill the skies if so much as a sparrow flies overhead, Zmon has taken the radical step of electing its future leaders, and corrupt Party bureaucrats are being voted out of office in overwhelming numbers. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Zmon's national animal is the Arctic Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Gaian Ecologism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zmon's influence in Island of Atlas rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Zmon's influence in Island of Atlas rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Zmon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments, the Top 5% for Largest Welfare Programs and Least Corrupt Governments, and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Education and Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Zmon's influence in Island of Atlas rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Zmon relocated from Lazarus to Island of Atlas.
- : Following new legislation in Zmon, corrupt Party bureaucrats are being voted out of office in overwhelming numbers.
- : Following new legislation in Zmon, Zmon has taken the radical step of electing its future leaders.
- : Zmon was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Zmon, crossbow bolts fill the skies if so much as a sparrow flies overhead.
- : Following new legislation in Zmon, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace.