“Nature Brings Bliss”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Social Liberal Union
The Radical Environmentalists of Zmon is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Tree Of Eternal Wisdom with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 6.386 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jungle Grove. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government is avowedly atheist, surveillance cameras are banned, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Zmon's national animal is the Arctic Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Gaian Ecologism, and its currency is the Butterfly Wing.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days ago
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Zmon was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zmon, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zmon, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zmon, surveillance cameras are banned.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zmon, the government is avowedly atheist.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zmon, people are moving into treehouses in record numbers.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Zmon, legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Zmon, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Zmon, crime has increased substantially since the police concentrated all their efforts on arresting the rich for loitering in their own homes.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Zmon, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned.