“Plus Ultra Zerragoña!”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of Zerragon is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Emperador Lorénzo I with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cynical population of 3.616 billion Zerragonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Khalifa. The average income tax rate is 74%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Automobile Manufacturing.
Skateparks can be found in every city, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, and prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zerragon's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Roman Catholic and Rastafari, and its currency is the Peso.
Most Recent Government Activity: 27 days ago
- 4 days ago: Zerragon was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 27 days ago: Zerragon was refounded in Osiris.
- 174 days ago: Zerragon ceased to exist.
- 183 days ago: Zerragon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 183 days ago: Zerragon was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 187 days ago: Zerragon was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 188 days ago: Zerragon was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 191 days ago: Zerragon relocated from Inceptum to The Rejected Realms.
- 191 days ago: Zerragon was ejected from Inceptum by The Free Land of Yavapai.
- 218 days ago: Following new legislation in Zerragon, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.