The Hippy State of Zerophix is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 17.188 billion Zerophixians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. The average income tax rate is 99.6%.
The large but stagnant Zerophixian economy, worth 263 trillion Shiny Beadss a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, extremely specialized black market in Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 15,341 Shiny Beadss, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling", national parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys', citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons, and midnight pizza breaks are common among the work-from-home population. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. Zerophix's national animal is the Pink Elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 76 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Zerophix, midnight pizza breaks are common among the work-from-home population.
- 11 hours ago: Zerophix was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zerophix, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons.
- 14 hours ago: Zerophix endorsed The Spider of Kialga-Lourti.
- 15 hours ago: Zerophix was endorsed by The Spider of Kialga-Lourti.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Zerophix, national parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys'.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Zerophix, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling".
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Zerophix, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Zerophix, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Zerophix endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Lionia.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Territorio di Nessuno, Yaorozu, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Plembobria, Radlef, Yayness, Finely Unionized Network, Former English Colony, Frances Francis the First of France, Selfgradatude, Ingoesr, The Victorian League, Gormanzola, Belschaft, The Anthonian Republic, David l l l l, SillyString, Sadakoyama, New Sekai, Microslekia, ShortBusCrashed, Flooforia, Ulumina, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Shinihs, New England West, QuisQueyan, Comrade Kennedy, Ice and Flame, Emperia1, Ruzonia, Vandea, Neu-Klagenfurt, Unimaginable Doom, Malvad, Kimbaland, Belgan, United Chinese Republics, Democatic Donkeys, Great Brigantia, McMasterdonia, Saint Tomaston, South Isles, Lionia, and Kialga-Lourti.