The Holy Armed Republic of Zerconus is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Zerrec Zageth Lazin with an even hand, and renowned for its parental licensing program, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 11.928 billion Zerconites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Industry also on the agenda, while Welfare and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Talon Pass. The average income tax rate is 90.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Zerconusian economy, worth a remarkable 3,615 trillion Diamonds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 303,138 Diamonds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations, owning a tractor is widely regarded as an essential prerequisite to most government positions, motels cater primarily to adulterers, and punitive tariffs protect local industry. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zerconus's national animal is the Badger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Atheists United.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zerconus's influence in Firefly rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Zerconus's influence in Firefly rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Zerconus's influence in Firefly rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Zerconus altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Zerconus, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- : Following new legislation in Zerconus, motels cater primarily to adulterers.
- : Following new legislation in Zerconus, owning a tractor is widely regarded as an essential prerequisite to most government positions.
- : Zerconus relocated from Osiris to Firefly.
- : Zerconus's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Zerconus's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".