The Holy Armed Republic of Zerconus is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Zerrec Zageth Lazin with an even hand, and remarkable for its parental licensing program, ubiquitous missile silos, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 11.459 billion Zerconites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Industry also on the agenda, while Welfare and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Talon Pass. The average income tax rate is 91.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Zerconusian economy, worth a remarkable 3,477 trillion Diamonds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 303,508 Diamonds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Corporations claim the third ounce of any metal traded in a wicker-cone on the Sunday of a full moon as a charitable expense, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, cremation is compulsory for the deceased, and only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zerconus's national animal is the Badger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Atheists United.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zerconus was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Zerconus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : Zerconus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Conservative.
- : Zerconus's influence in Firefly rose from "Newcomer" to "Apprentice".
- : Following new legislation in Zerconus, only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations.
- : Following new legislation in Zerconus, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- : Following new legislation in Zerconus, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- : Following new legislation in Zerconus, corporations claim the third ounce of any metal traded in a wicker-cone on the Sunday of a full moon as a charitable expense.
- : Following new legislation in Zerconus, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Zerconus altered its national flag.