The Socialist Confederation of Zeorus is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Isaac Wood with a fair hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 15.625 billion Zeorusians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — is primarily concerned with Education, with Spirituality, Welfare, and Public Transport also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lehen. The average income tax rate is 90.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Zeorusian economy, worth a remarkable 1,353 trillion Equiliants a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 86,654 Equiliants, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded, and government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet. Crime is totally unknown. Zeorus's national animal is the grizzly bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Zeorusian Orthodoxy.
Zeorus is ranked 175th in Equilism and 128,083rd in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring -96 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Zeorus, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet.
- : Following new legislation in Zeorus, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- : Following new legislation in Zeorus, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads.
- : Following new legislation in Zeorus, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events.
- : Following new legislation in Zeorus, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- : Zeorus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Zeorus's influence in Equilism rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Zeorus was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout (last census: Top 1%).
- : Zeorus's influence in Equilism rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Zeorus's influence in Equilism fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".