“Freedom over brutality”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Ambassador
The Socialist Confederation of Zeorus is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Isaac Wood with a fair hand, and renowned for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, intelligent population of 13.951 billion Zeorites are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Religion & Spirituality and Commerce are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lehen. The average income tax rate is 96%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, and organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region. Crime is totally unknown. Zeorus's national animal is the grizzly bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Satua, and its currency is the Equiliant.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Zeorus was endorsed by The Queendom of Genose.
- 4 days ago: Zeorus was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Zeorus was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Collatis.
- 6 days ago: Zeorus was ranked #1 in the region for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- 8 days ago: Zeorus was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Zeorus, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Zeorus, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Zeorus, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Zeorus, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Zeorus, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news.