“Freedom over brutality”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
The Socialist Confederation of Zeorus is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Isaac Wood with a fair hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 13.243 billion Zeorites are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Religion & Spirituality and Commerce are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lehen. The average income tax rate is 95%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, Zeorus successfully hosted the Equilism Olympics, and businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders. Crime is totally unknown. Zeorus's national animal is the grizzly bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Satua, and its currency is the Equiliant.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Zeorus was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Zeorus's influence in Equilism fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- 16 days ago: Zeorus changed its national demonym to "Zeorite".
- 21 days ago: Zeorus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 24 days ago: Zeorus was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 1%).
- 27 days ago: Zeorus's influence in Equilism rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- 32 days ago: Zeorus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 33 days ago: Zeorus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 1%).
- 33 days ago: Zeorus was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 1%).
- 38 days ago: Following new legislation in Zeorus, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.