“A state of mind.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Free Land of Zenmind is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Fatesjoke with a fair hand, and remarkable for its hatred of cheese. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 4.142 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Middle Path City. The average income tax rate is 97%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
All tariffs have been abolished, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, all streets are privately owned toll roads, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime is totally unknown. Zenmind's national animal is the Phoenix, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 27 days ago
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Zenmind was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Zenmind was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 15 days ago: Zenmind was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 17 days ago: Zenmind was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- 17 days ago: Zenmind was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.
- 18 days ago: Zenmind fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- 20 days ago: Zenmind was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 22 days ago: Zenmind was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 27 days ago: Zenmind was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 27 days ago: Zenmind was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.