“Oh well, what the hell!!”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Power
The Holy Empire of Zeniz is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Krahs with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 19.127 billion Zenizians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carcharodon. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Tourism.
Birth rates have hit an all-time low, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, Humongo-Mart's Beef 'n Great White Shark Lasagne is a hit, and airport security is provided by private companies. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem. Zeniz's national animal is the Great White Shark, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the zenizty.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 2 hours ago
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zeniz, airport security is provided by private companies.
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zeniz, Humongo-Mart's Beef 'n Great White Shark Lasagne is a hit.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Zeniz endorsed The Republic of Washifornigon.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zeniz, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Zeniz was endorsed by The Confederacy of The Already Defeated.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zeniz, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zeniz, citizens are frequently held up at gunpoint by their local pizza delivery boys.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zeniz, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Zeniz voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Zeniz, Zeniz is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.