The Corporate Dictatorship of Zedikistan is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chief Executive Zed with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, strictly enforced bedtime, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 4.343 billion Zedikistani are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized morass — is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education and Healthcare are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mammon Arcology. The average income tax rate is 97.2%.
The Zedikistani economy, worth 504 trillion Gilt Frogs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, highly specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 116,077 Gilt Frogs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Poets and writers are regularly rounded up and shot for entertainment, the newly revamped army is so eager for action that it has trouble keeping the peace, notable individuals are granted land and titles, and prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Zedikistan's national animal is the Frog, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Mammon's Law.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zedikistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Zedikistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- : Zedikistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- : Zedikistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Following new legislation in Zedikistan, prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects.
- : Following new legislation in Zedikistan, notable individuals are granted land and titles.
- : Zedikistan agreed to construct embassies between The United Circle and New League of Nations.
- : Zedikistan fell out of the world Top 5% for Safest.
- : Zedikistan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- : Zedikistan fell out of the world Top 5% for Highest Police Ratios.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Allahustan.