The People's Democracy of Zebulor is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by First Consul with an even hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 18.875 billion Zebulorians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Crimson Citadel. The average income tax rate is 80.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Zebulorian economy, worth a remarkable 3,381 trillion Zebulorian Forints a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 179,126 Zebulorian Forints, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cremation is compulsory for the deceased, Crimson Citadel's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight, the nationalized auto industry is adept at making durable little cars nobody wants to drive, and robosexual marriages are increasingly common. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zebulor's national animal is the mindworm, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Zebulor, robosexual marriages are increasingly common.
- : Zebulor was reclassified from "Authoritarian Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Zebulor, the nationalized auto industry is adept at making durable little cars nobody wants to drive.
- : Following new legislation in Zebulor, Crimson Citadel's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight.
- : Zebulor relocated from Lazarus to Union of Free Nations.
- : Zebulor was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Zebulor ceased to exist.
- : Zebulor was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans and the Top 5% for Rudest Citizens.
- : Zebulor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Zebulor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Most Stationary.