|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Americas
The Queen's State of Zayas Island is a colossal, safe nation, renowned for its devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 9.183 billion Zayas Islandians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 72.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Zayas Islandian economy, worth 117 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Trout Farming, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Book Publishing, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 12,839 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Voting is voluntary. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zayas Island's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 21 hours ago
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Zayas Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 9 days ago: Zayas Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 12 days ago: Zayas Island relocated from Japvia to The Americas.
- 13 days ago: Zayas Island's influence in Japvia rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 15 days ago: Zayas Island was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Nudest (last census: Top 5%).
- 30 days ago: Zayas Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- 53 days ago: Zayas Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 59 days ago: Zayas Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nudest.
- 141 days ago: Zayas Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 1%).
- 156 days ago: Zayas Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.