“Oh, I'm Sorry. Did I Break Your Concentration”
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Red Scare of Zarvarza is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Rom Zarvarza with an even hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, vat-grown people, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 8.847 billion Zarvarzans enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt individuals prioritizes Industry, with Spirituality also on the agenda, while Welfare and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Enochia. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming Zarvarzan economy, worth a remarkable 1,188 trillion Crowns a year, is driven entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling. Average income is an impressive 134,302 Crowns, with the richest citizens earning 7.7 times as much as the poorest.
Marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government, prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects, and the government is pouring billions into replacement brains. Crime is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Zarvarza's national animal is the Flying Tree Monkey, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Order of Enoch.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 23 hours ago: Zarvarza was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Zarvarza fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Devout.
- 4 days ago: Zarvarza was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 8 days ago: Zarvarza was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Stupidest Citizens.
- 9 days ago: Zarvarza was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 11 days ago: Zarvarza was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- 12 days ago: Zarvarza was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Avoided.
- 14 days ago: Zarvarza was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 15 days ago: Zarvarza was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 16 days ago: Zarvarza was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.