The Imperium Sanctus of Zarkari is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Liege Lord Ebil with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, parental licensing program, and enforced nudity. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 8.588 billion Zarkarians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute, corrupt government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Les Catacombes de Virycéon. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.9%.
The Zarkarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,020 trillion T'zar Em Bes a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 118,831 T'zar Em Bes, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
More and more students are taking up a career in medicine, cinemas play art-house movies to ever-shrinking audiences as film critics rule the industry, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, and theoretical science is only theoretical. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Zarkari's national animal is the Kar'i, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Praetoriani.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zarkari fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Zarkari fell out of the regional Top 1% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Zarkari was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Zarkari was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Zarkari was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Zarkari was endorsed by The Holidays in July of Feirmont.
- : Zarkari was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Zarkari was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- : Zarkari was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Zarkari, theoretical science is only theoretical.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Kholdan, The Union of Free Individuals, Sierra Lobo, Tsunamy, Kien Truong, Brutland and Norden, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Kringalia, The Bloodguard, Sandaoguo, Darakin, Aschenburg, PenguinPies, Northern Copek, Escade, SJS Republic, Bonaugure, Mottonia, Carpat, Valklann, and Feirmont.