The Imperium Sanctus of Zarkari is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Liege Lord Ebil with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, digital currency, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 8.75 billion Zarkarians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute, corrupt government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Les Catacombes de Virycéon. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.0%.
The strong Zarkarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,087 trillion T'zar Em Bes a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 124,231 T'zar Em Bes, with the richest citizens earning 7.1 times as much as the poorest.
Immigrant herding has become a national pastime, meat-eating is frowned upon, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds, and insurance companies charge extortionate premiums to cover homes near waterways. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Zarkari's national animal is the Kar'i, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Praetoriani.
Zarkari is ranked 315th in the South Pacific and 16,053rd in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 200 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zarkari was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Zarkari, insurance companies charge extortionate premiums to cover homes near waterways.
- : Following new legislation in Zarkari, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds.
- : Following new legislation in Zarkari, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Zarkari, immigrant herding has become a national pastime.
- : Following new legislation in Zarkari, Zarkari is increasingly belligerent on the international stage.
- : Zarkari was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Zarkari was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Averre.
- : Zarkari was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Toucanbay.
- : Zarkari fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Gambling Industry.
Endorsements Received: 25 » Kholdan, The Union of Free Individuals, Sierra Lobo, Tsunamy, Kien Truong, Brutland and Norden, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Kringalia, The Bloodguard, Sandaoguo, Darakin, Aschenburg, PenguinPies, Northern Copek, Escade, SJS Republic, Bonaugure, Mottonia, Carpat, Valklann, Feirmont, Hileville, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Toucanbay, and Averre.