The Imperium Sanctus of Zarkari is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Liege Lord Ebil with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 9.288 billion Zarkarians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute, corrupt government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Les Catacombes de Virycéon. The average income tax rate is 1.7%.
The large but inefficient Zarkarian economy, worth 875 trillion T'zar Em Bes a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 94,221 T'zar Em Bes, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are tied down and forced to watch educational videos on empathy, breast milk is being redistributed from each according to their ability to each according to their need, drowning sailors are hung out to dry, and photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Liege Lord Ebil's bedroom. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Zarkari's national animal is the Kar'i, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Praetoriani.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zarkari was endorsed by The Queendom of Imkitopia.
- : Zarkari was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nudest (last census: Top 1%).
- : Following new legislation in Zarkari, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Liege Lord Ebil's bedroom.
- : Following new legislation in Zarkari, drowning sailors are hung out to dry.
- : Following new legislation in Zarkari, breast milk is being redistributed from each according to their ability to each according to their need.
- : Zarkari was endorsed by The Unknown Substance of Belhomme.
- : Zarkari was endorsed by The Drunken Irish Nation of Drugged Monkeys.
- : Zarkari was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Zarkari fell out of the world Top 5% for Safest.
- : Zarkari fell out of the regional Top 1% for Safest.
Endorsements Received: 27 » The Union of Free Individuals, Sierra Lobo, Tsunamy, Kien Truong, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Kringalia, The Bloodguard, Sandaoguo, Darakin, Aschenburg, PenguinPies, Northern Copek, SJS Republic, Bonaugure, Carpat, Feirmont, Hileville, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Toucanbay, Averre, Kaara Moki, Domzona, Eta carina 2, Farengeto, Drugged Monkeys, Belhomme, and Imkitopia.