The Imperium Sanctus of Zarkari is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Liege Lord Ebil with an iron fist, and remarkable for its parental licensing program, ban on automobiles, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 7.68 billion Zarkarians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Environment, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Les Catacombes de Virycéon. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 89.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Zarkarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,409 trillion T'zar Em Bes a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 183,511 T'zar Em Bes, with the richest citizens earning 6.2 times as much as the poorest.
Survivors receive aid from only the most environmentally-friendly transport, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm, military spending recently hit a new high, and the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zarkari's national animal is the Kar'i, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Praetoriani.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zarkari, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs.
- 21 hours ago: Zarkari was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Father Knows Best State".
- 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zarkari, military spending recently hit a new high.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Zarkari was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Gradea II.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zarkari, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zarkari, survivors receive aid from only the most environmentally-friendly transport.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zarkari, governments opposing Zarkari are beset by rebels.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Zarkari altered its national flag.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Zarkari altered its national flag.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Zarkari voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Democratia"".
Endorsements Received: 22 » Kholdan, The Union of Free Individuals, Sierra Lobo, Tsunamy, Kien Truong, Brutland and Norden, TorchWood 18, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Kringalia, The Bloodguard, Sandaoguo, TSP-Aramanchovia, Darakin, Aschenburg, PenguinPies, Myganon, Capricanta, Northern Copek, Escade, Distortilla, SJS Republic, and Bonaugure.