“O'narf! Say what?!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Imperium Sanctus of Zarkari is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Liege Lord Ebil with an even hand, and remarkable for its suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed population of 7.456 billion Zarkarians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Environment, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Les Catacombes de Virycéon. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 90.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Zarkarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,350 trillion T'zar Em Bes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Tourism, Furniture Restoration, Book Publishing, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 181,122 T'zar Em Bes, with the richest citizens earning 6.2 times as much as the poorest.
Murder victims' families receive windfall payouts when the murderers are executed, workers have seized control of the economy, police officers have been re-kitted with designer uniforms and gold plated handcuffs, and newborns are being raised as mindless killing machines. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zarkari's national animal is the Kar'i, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Praetoriani.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Zarkari, newborns are being raised as mindless killing machines.
- 22 hours ago: Zarkari voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 22 hours ago: Zarkari voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Zarkari was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 10 days ago: Zarkari voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Double Taxation".
- 12 days ago: Zarkari fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 16 days ago: Zarkari fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nudest.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Zarkari, police officers have been re-kitted with designer uniforms and gold plated handcuffs.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Zarkari, workers have seized control of the economy.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Zarkari, murder victims' families receive windfall payouts when the murderers are executed.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Kholdan, The Union of Free Individuals, Sierra Lobo, Tsunamy, Kien Truong, Brutland and Norden, TorchWood 18, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Kringalia, The Bloodguard, Sandaoguo, TSP-Aramanchovia, Darakin, Aschenburg, PenguinPies, Myganon, Creepypastian, Capricanta, Northern Copek, Escade, Kalukmangala, and Shichiyama.