The Tertian Empire of Zarkanians is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Colonel 187 with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, sprawling nuclear power plants, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 8.772 billion Zarkanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Natria Proper. The average income tax rate is 67.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Zarkanian economy, worth a remarkable 3,011 trillion Yuriases a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 343,313 Yuriases, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, millions of devastated 7-year-olds are denied astronaut and ballerina training, the state has declared war on the environment and environmentalists by association, and wounded veterans can only get prosthetics if they agree to become walking billboards for the arms industry. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Zarkanians's national animal is the Terenivian Blackbird, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Imperial Worship.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zarkanians was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 1%).
- : Zarkanians's influence in Delicious Friends rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Zarkanians lost WA Delegate status in Delicious Friends.
- : Zarkanians fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Zarkanians fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : Zarkanians was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : Zarkanians was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Zarkanians was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Zarkanians was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- : Zarkanians was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 1%).
Endorsements Received: None.