The Gone Fishing of Zaolat is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Saulot with an even hand, and renowned for its state-planned economy, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 10.982 billion Salubri have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Enoch. The average income tax rate is 78.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Salubri economy, worth 406 trillion Valerans a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Cheese Exports industry. Average income is 36,998 Valerans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, strange looking men with big red noses are found hiding behind bushes and inside dustbins, condemned prisoners spend hours a day sitting in lotus position looking perplexed, and the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zaolat's national animal is the Unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Golconda.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zaolat changed its national nation type to "Gone Fishing".
- : The Silly Sanguine State of Cormactopia II dismissed Zaolat as Priest of Osiris.
- : Zaolat resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Zaolat was endorsed by The Kingdom of Casm.
- : Zaolat was endorsed by The Empire of Korvyr.
- : Zaolat was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Mghnb.
- : Zaolat was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Lorindan.
- : Zaolat was endorsed by The Republic of Babylon iraq.
- : Zaolat was endorsed by The Free Land of Tjaart.
- : Zaolat's influence in Osiris fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".