“Magna Est Veritas Et Praevalebit”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: the South Pacific
The People's Republic of Zakanda is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Declan Webster with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 13.727 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asina. The average income tax rate is 74%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Nude art is becoming wildly popular, the government is seen to favor Catholics, bizarre-looking creatures called 'ocelotdogs' dominate wildlife preserves, and punitive tariffs protect local industry. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Zakanda's national animal is the ocelot, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 12 hours ago
- 1 day ago: Zakanda was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Zakanda, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Zakanda, bizarre-looking creatures called 'ocelotdogs' dominate wildlife preserves.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Zakanda, the government is seen to favor Catholics.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Zakanda, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Zakanda, annulments are on the rise as couples discover their ancestors were born in the same hospitals.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Zakanda fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Zakanda was endorsed by The Loh of Foggy Island.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Zakanda, citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Zakanda, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme.
Endorsements Received: 56 (Fudgetopia, Tuchuk, Brutland and Norden, Soem, Gauthier, Curlyhoward, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, The Bloodguard, Chubrubs, Yeses, Darakin, Kholdan, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Redemptorian, Server, KLK, Nobody Home, Lord Booze, Flatulati Incontinentia, Crapotopia, Hileville, Southern Bellz, South Pacific Belschaft, Michu, El Markus, Distortilla, Royeaux, The HEM, Sheepatropolis, Aramanchovia, Vulkanus, Isle of Harris, Andermanni, Radole, Dovanet, --TAO--, El Moriyana, Mithres, Rockchester, Zhongrustra, Jinkx Monsoon, The Fancy Republic of Zombie Napoleon, Tenir, Nibitorius, The Hare Jordans, Modenese, Triplebaconation, Pugs Only, Bobs raider puppet, Sierra Lobo, PenguinPies, Meddigo, Ollisdaerenn, Valens Ursidae, QuietDad, Foggy Island)