The Corporation of Yugagar is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by the CEO with an iron fist, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, smutty television, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 8.75 billion Yugagarians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, with Industry, Healthcare, and Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yuriyard. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Yugagarian economy, worth a remarkable 2,283 trillion YURS a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 261,015 YURS, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 864,450 per year while the poor average 58,869, a ratio of 14.7 to 1.
Invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days, historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism, airport security is provided by private companies, and cheating spouses are required to undergo job training. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Yugagar's national animal is the Dog, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the cult of weekly paycheck.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yugagar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Yugagar's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Yugagar's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Yugagar was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Avoided and the Top 5% for Fattest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Yugagar, cheating spouses are required to undergo job training.
- : Following new legislation in Yugagar, airport security is provided by private companies.
- : Following new legislation in Yugagar, historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism.
- : Yugagar was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Yugagar ceased to exist.
- : Yugagar's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".