The Corporation of Yugagar is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by the CEO with an iron fist, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, keen interest in outer space, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 7.649 billion Yugagarians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yuriyard. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Yugagarian economy, worth a remarkable 2,098 trillion YURS a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an amazing 274,373 YURS, with the richest citizens earning 8.9 times as much as the poorest.
The importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, the Dog is reportedly extinct, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure, and randomly bombing neighboring countries has become the new national sport. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Yugagar's national animal is the Dog, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the cult of weekly paycheck.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yugagar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Armed.
- : Yugagar's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Yugagar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- : Yugagar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 10%).
- : Yugagar fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Yugagar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- : Yugagar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Avoided (last census: Top 10%).
- : Yugagar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Yugagar was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Yugagar ceased to exist.