The Corporation of Yugagar is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by the CEO with an iron fist, and remarkable for its closed borders, strictly enforced bedtime, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 8.503 billion Yugagarians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, although Industry, Healthcare, and Education are also considered important, while Social Policy and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yuriyard. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Yugagarian economy, worth a remarkable 2,219 trillion YURS a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 260,972 YURS, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 864,309 per year while the poor average 58,859, a ratio of 14.7 to 1.
Idyllic countryside scenes see border collies herding sixty-ton dinosaurs, books are so highly regarded in Yugagar that libraries are often revered as holy shrines, the nation has always been at war with Bigtopia, and invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Yugagar's national animal is the Dog, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the cult of weekly paycheck.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yugagar's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Yugagar's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Yugagar's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Yugagar's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Yugagar was refounded in Balder.
- : Yugagar ceased to exist.
- : Following new legislation in Yugagar, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days.
- : Following new legislation in Yugagar, the nation has always been at war with Bigtopia.
- : Yugagar was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Yugagar's influence in The Alliance of Dictators rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".