The AnarCity of YoriZ is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its rum-swilling pirates, digital currency, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 24.582 billion AnarCitizens are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The minute government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, although Healthcare and Welfare are also considered important, while Defense and Law & Order are ignored. The average income tax rate is 2.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming AnarCitizen economy, worth a remarkable 3,585 trillion e-gold™s a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 145,850 e-gold™s, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, religious education is a new government priority, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, and citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. YoriZ's national animal is the bureau©rat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : YoriZ was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : YoriZ endorsed The Free Land of Libertossia.
- : YoriZ was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: #1).
- : YoriZ was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Atomic Exotic.
- : YoriZ endorsed The Democratic Republic of Atomic Exotic.
- : YoriZ was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- : YoriZ fell out of the world Top 5% for Highest Drug Use.
- : YoriZ's influence in Anarchy rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : YoriZ was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in YoriZ, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens.
Endorsements Received: 13 » New Sensual Delights, Natapoc, Anarchadom, Echelon State, Sierra Lyricalia, Astrum Nigrum, Hardcorepunk, Galahe, Cor Lux, Sun and Moon and Stars, Sintropia, Irontown II, and Atomic Exotic.