The Xenopolis of YoriZ is a gargantuan, efficient nation, notable for its smutty television, national health service, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 26.845 billion murderous book fans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 60.8%.
The frighteningly efficient worker-controlled economy, worth a remarkable 5,906 trillion e-gold™s a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, extremely specialized black market in Book Publishing and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 220,023 e-gold™s, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, a government program is underway to revitalize YoriZ's beaches, eminent domain has been abolished, and the nation is known abroad mostly for its Parliamentary antics. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. YoriZ's national animal is the bureau©rat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in YoriZ, the nation is known abroad mostly for its Parliamentary antics.
- : YoriZ was endorsed by The People's Republic of Tyomia.
- : YoriZ endorsed The Federal Republic of Sjomind.
- : YoriZ endorsed The Federation of United Slavik Nations.
- : YoriZ endorsed The People's Republic of Tyomia.
- : YoriZ endorsed The Oppressed Peoples of Preciado.
- : YoriZ endorsed The Free Land of Japanarchy.
- : YoriZ endorsed The Sultanate of Kawaii Kitsune.
- : Following new legislation in YoriZ, eminent domain has been abolished.
- : YoriZ was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 25 » New Sensual Delights, Echelon State, Sierra Lyricalia, Astrum Nigrum, Irontown II, Atomic Exotic, Wulkrieg, Natapoc, The Peoples Confederacy of Rusty Things, Shetl, Disable, Pantuxia, Free Outer Eugenia, The Eurasian Front, Geraland and Beerland, Turtle Burglars, Loosely Associated Peoples, Rengaria, Chynarka, Pando, Sambalandia, Tsarytsyn, Apophis Lord of Chaos, Roubed, and Tyomia.