The Democratic Republic of Yoneyistan is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Can Yöney with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 7.338 billion Yoneys hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Turkistan. The average income tax rate is 99.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Yoneyistanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,270 trillion lire a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 173,205 lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Religious education is a new government priority, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, and criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yoneyistan's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yoneyistan lost the endorsement of The Empire of Aubertania.
- : Yoneyistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Yoneyistan was endorsed by The Empire of Aubertania.
- : Yoneyistan was endorsed by The Ancient Nordics Lands of Solorni.
- : Yoneyistan's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Yoneyistan's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Yoneyistan's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Yoneyistan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed, Largest Governments, Largest Welfare Programs, Most Advanced Public Education, and Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Yoneyistan's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Yoneyistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Eternal Scholars".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Solorni.