“Fall down eight, stand up nine”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Queendom of YoloSololand is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Supreme Mistress Clarissa Magen Fairy with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate population of 1.897 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Domina City. The average income tax rate is 81%, and even higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
A niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, suit-clad businessmen have been taking advantage of the relaxed welfare qualifications by shopping with food stamps, and voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. YoloSololand's national animal is the Unicorn, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Rainbow.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 4 hours ago
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in YoloSololand, voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: YoloSololand changed its national leader to "Supreme Mistress Clarissa Magen Fairy".
- 4 days ago: YoloSololand was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 4 days ago: YoloSololand was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in YoloSololand, suit-clad businessmen have been taking advantage of the relaxed welfare qualifications by shopping with food stamps.
- 5 days ago: YoloSololand altered its national flag.
- 5 days ago: YoloSololand was refounded.
- 14 days ago: YoloSololand ceased to exist.
- 20 days ago: YoloSololand fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 20 days ago: YoloSololand was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).