The Republic of Yiyah is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Uriah Biggles with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.708 billion Yiyahians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yiyah City. The average income tax rate is 95.8%.
The sizeable but stagnant Yiyahian economy, worth 62.1 trillion Yiyahs a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 7,128 Yiyahs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Anti-government web sites are springing up, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, artists are pillars of society, and the nationalized auto industry is adept at making durable little cars nobody wants to drive. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yiyah's national animal is the Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yiyah was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- : Yiyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 10%).
- : Yiyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extreme.
- : Yiyah was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Yiyah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Yiyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Following new legislation in Yiyah, the nationalized auto industry is adept at making durable little cars nobody wants to drive.
- : Following new legislation in Yiyah, artists are pillars of society.
- : Yiyah fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Yiyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).