The Republic of Yiyah is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Uriah Biggles with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, complete lack of prisons, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.195 billion Yiyahians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yiyah City. The average income tax rate is 95.6%.
The sizeable but stagnant Yiyahian economy, worth 65.6 trillion Yiyahs a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 7,137 Yiyahs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The art of conversation has been rediscovered, movie references are legally admissible in court, Yiyah has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, and military funding has been stripped back. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yiyah's national animal is the Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yiyah fell out of the world Top 10% for Nudest.
- : Following new legislation in Yiyah, military funding has been stripped back.
- : Following new legislation in Yiyah, Yiyah has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- : Yiyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Yiyah, movie references are legally admissible in court.
- : Yiyah fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Extreme.
- : Following new legislation in Yiyah, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- : Following new legislation in Yiyah, police escort anti-abortion activists to free speech cages if they try to express their views.
- : Following new legislation in Yiyah, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Yiyahian lands.
- : Following new legislation in Yiyah, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable.