|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Social Liberal Union
The Republic of Yiyah is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Uriah Biggles with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.736 billion Yiyahians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yiyah City. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime is totally unknown. Yiyah's national animal is the Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its currency is the Yiyah.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 7 hours ago
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Yiyah was endorsed by The Zombie Infested State of Mare Nectaris.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Yiyah, the government is avowedly atheist.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Yiyah relocated from The Communist Region to Social Liberal Union.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Yiyah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Arms Protocol".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Yiyah, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
- 10 days ago: Yiyah was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 14 days ago: Yiyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Yiyah, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Yiyah, the public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Yiyah, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Mare Nectaris.