|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Yiyah is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Uriah Biggles with a fair hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5.495 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and Social Equality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yiyah City. The average income tax rate is 87%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The art of conversation has been rediscovered, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime is totally unknown. Yiyah's national animal is the Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Yiyah.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 21 hours ago: Yiyah was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Yiyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 7 days ago: Yiyah was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 10 days ago: Yiyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: Yiyah was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 11 days ago: Yiyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 13 days ago: Yiyah fell out of the world Top 1% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Yiyah, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- 14 days ago: Yiyah altered its national flag.
- 14 days ago: Yiyah was refounded in Lazarus.