|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Republic of Yiyah is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Uriah Biggles with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, restrictive gun laws, and museums and concert halls. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.438 billion Yiyahians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yiyah City. The average income tax rate is 96.0%.
The sizeable but stagnant Yiyahian economy, worth 51.9 trillion Yiyahs a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 6,972 Yiyahs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, torture is illegal, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, and the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yiyah's national animal is the Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 6 days ago: Yiyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 7 days ago: Yiyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 8 days ago: Yiyah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Yiyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 14 days ago: Yiyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 18 days ago: Yiyah relocated from United Sovereign Socialist Republics to The Rejected Realms.
- 18 days ago: Yiyah was ejected from United Sovereign Socialist Republics by The People's Republic of Free Esch.
- 19 days ago: Yiyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Yiyah, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Yiyah, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.