|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Republic of Yiyah is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Uriah Biggles with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5.001 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Social Welfare and Social Equality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yiyah City. The average income tax rate is 87%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, prison visits increase substantially during election years, the government is avowedly atheist, and elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates. Crime is totally unknown. Yiyah's national animal is the Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Yiyah.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Yiyah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Bruce".
- 4 days ago: Yiyah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Yiyah, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Yiyah, the government is avowedly atheist.
- 11 days ago: Yiyah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Macedon"".
- 11 days ago: Yiyah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Internet Net Neutrality Act"".
- 17 days ago: Yiyah fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 22 days ago: Yiyah was endorsed by The Holistic Empire of United Kingdom of Selesnia.
- 23 days ago: Yiyah fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 28 days ago: Following new legislation in Yiyah, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
Endorsements Received: 26 » The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Tzo, Spadanera, Hayden Island, Kokkinostan, Edgemaster, Lubnid, Republic of VEW, Cammiwoo, Blogotopia, Ayunli, Earth Federation, Thomason, Britannium, Matterland, Northern Koryeo, YildizBona, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, Jamjai, Cerb, Fulheim, Solleana, Kelvinski, and Cartesiana.