The Democratic States of YesoVenda is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Warren Rainbow with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, rampant corporate plagiarism, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 4.616 billion YesoVendans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Freeworld. The average income tax rate is 83.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant YesoVendan economy, worth 46.2 trillion Freedoms a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 10,016 Freedoms, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders, fraternities are notorious for drunken hooliganism, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, and many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses. Crime is totally unknown. YesoVenda's national animal is the Free, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Unitarian Universalistism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : YesoVenda fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in YesoVenda, many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses.
- : Following new legislation in YesoVenda, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears.
- : Following new legislation in YesoVenda, fraternities are notorious for drunken hooliganism.
- : YesoVenda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Sapient Rights".
- : YesoVenda was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : YesoVenda fell out of the world Top 5% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : YesoVenda was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : YesoVenda fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : YesoVenda was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: None.