The 21st century Republic of Yertania is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Populist Leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, avowedly heterosexual populace, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 17.12 billion Yertanians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The relatively small government is primarily concerned with Spirituality, although Law & Order, Education, and Environment are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bratislava Forest. The average income tax rate is 18.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Yertanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,085 trillion silver credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 121,834 silver credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mandatory neutering has made purebred dogs a thing of the past, politicians and casino owners who so much as wander into the same room are arrested on the spot, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and the populace has developed a mortal fear of the woods. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Yertania's national animal is the mythic grappelzen, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yertania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 1%).
- : Yertania was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Yertania, the populace has developed a mortal fear of the woods.
- : Following new legislation in Yertania, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in Yertania, politicians and casino owners who so much as wander into the same room are arrested on the spot.
- : Following new legislation in Yertania, mandatory neutering has made purebred dogs a thing of the past.
- : Yertania changed its national currency to "silver credit" and its nation type to "21st century Republic".
- : Yertania changed its national motto to "under demo-socialist management".
- : Yertania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Yertania's influence in Socialist Republic of America rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".