The 21st century Republic of Yertania is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Populist Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 18.127 billion Yertanians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The relatively small government is primarily concerned with Spirituality, with Law & Order, Education, and Environment also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bratislava Forest. The average income tax rate is 18.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Yertanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,208 trillion silver credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 121,834 silver credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mandatory neutering has made purebred dogs a thing of the past, politicians and casino owners who so much as wander into the same room are arrested on the spot, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and the populace has developed a mortal fear of the woods. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Yertania's national animal is the mythic grappelzen, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yertania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- : Yertania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Yertania's influence in Socialist Republic of America fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Yertania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Yertania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Yertania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Yertania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Yertania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Yertania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Yertania's influence in Socialist Republic of America rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".