The Republic of Yertania is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Populist Leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, strictly enforced bedtime, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 16.965 billion Yertanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government is primarily concerned with Spirituality, with Law & Order, Education, and Environment also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bratislava Forest. The average income tax rate is 17.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Yertanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,068 trillion silver coins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 121,955 silver coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof, cities are engulfed by smog, and guns are banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Yertania's national animal is the mythic grappelzen, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yertania's influence in Socialist Republic of America rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Yertania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- : Yertania's influence in Socialist Republic of America rose from "Instigator" to "Enforcer".
- : Yertania's influence in Socialist Republic of America rose from "Minnow" to "Instigator".
- : Following new legislation in Yertania, guns are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Yertania, cities are engulfed by smog.
- : Following new legislation in Yertania, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof.
- : Following new legislation in Yertania, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm.
- : Following new legislation in Yertania, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways.
- : Yertania relocated from Lazarus to Socialist Republic of America.