“Homosexuality is a crime”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Korean Reunification
The Federation of Yeonsangun is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Nam Jung Woo with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.97 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Commerce and the Environment are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sariwŏn. The average income tax rate is 67%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales industries.
City sidewalks are crowded with overweight people, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined, Yeonsangun is increasingly belligerent on the international stage, and the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms. Crime is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Yeonsangun's national animal is the White-naped Crane, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Protestantism, and its currency is the Korean Won.
Most Recent Government Activity: 42 days ago
- 6 days ago: Yeonsangun was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 33 days ago: Yeonsangun fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 33 days ago: Yeonsangun fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 35 days ago: Yeonsangun fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 43 days ago: Yeonsangun was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 43 days ago: Yeonsangun was ranked #1 in the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 49 days ago: Yeonsangun fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 73 days ago: Yeonsangun relocated from Balder to Korean Reunification.
- 73 days ago: Yeonsangun was refounded in Balder.
- 74 days ago: Yeonsangun ceased to exist.