“We all look up at the same bright moon”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Most Serene Republic of Yentria is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Dawn with a fair hand, and remarkable for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.456 billion Yentrians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 71%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Yentria City Times is sold out, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless, and X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low. Crime is totally unknown. Yentria's national animal is the White Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Leaf.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 22 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Yentria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 7 days ago: Yentria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- 13 days ago: Yentria was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Spncrgmn.
- 18 days ago: Yentria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Welfare in Adoption".
- 27 days ago: Yentria was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 31 days ago: Yentria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 40 days ago: Following new legislation in Yentria, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low.
- 50 days ago: Following new legislation in Yentria, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless.
- 59 days ago: Yentria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 72 days ago: Yentria was endorsed by The Woot woot woot I feel free of Cerb.