“We all look up at the same bright moon”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Most Serene Republic of Yentria is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Dawn with a fair hand, and remarkable for its restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.632 billion Yentrianites enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 72%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, Yentria's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms, the welfare administration's new sweeping authority has forced the poor and needy to shop from pre-approved grocery lists, and the art of conversation has been rediscovered. Crime is totally unknown. Yentria's national animal is the White Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Leaf.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 7 hours ago: Yentria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 11 hours ago: Yentria endorsed The Island Republic of Markanite.
- 7 days ago: Yentria changed its national demonym to "Yentrianite" and its demonym adjective to "Yentrish".
- 10 days ago: Yentria was endorsed by The Free-Market Frontiers of The Bear Pits.
- 11 days ago: Yentria was endorsed by The WA Puppet of FreeGunsForAll.
- 11 days ago: Yentria was endorsed by The Kingdom of LARF.
- 13 days ago: Yentria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 14 days ago: Yentria was endorsed by The Island Republic of Markanite.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Yentria, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Yentria, the welfare administration's new sweeping authority has forced the poor and needy to shop from pre-approved grocery lists.