“Progressio Pro Melior”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: Democratic Socialist Assembly
The Great Revolutionary Republic of Yazlandia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Lord President Yaz with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 8.701 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, socially-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yaztown. Income tax is unheard of. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, all footpaths have tollbooths, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, and local executives are seen on the corner with cardboard signs reading "will oppress the masses for food". Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Yazlandia's national animal is the Jackal, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Money.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 20 hours ago
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Yazlandia was endorsed by The Free Land of The New Community.
- 15 days ago: Yazlandia was endorsed by The Republic of Socialist Assembly Marxists.
- 17 days ago: Yazlandia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 1%).
- 18 days ago: Yazlandia was endorsed by The Owl People's Republic of Corujea.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Yazlandia, local executives are seen on the corner with cardboard signs reading "will oppress the masses for food".
- 22 days ago: Yazlandia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Yazlandia, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- 24 days ago: Yazlandia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 27 days ago: Yazlandia was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Daishama.
- 30 days ago: Yazlandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Lowlandian States, Altruistic Paladins, Internationalist Worker Cooperatives, Sovieticos, The WA Delegate of Ritchardville II, Liberals of America, Haltari, Gervase, The Scientific States, Kandorith, IsladeTaino, The Saint James Islands, Egalitarian Calcova, Mettia, Chester Pearson, Jibberville, Wersevery1, Daishama, Corujea, and The New Community.