“Progressio Pro Melior”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: Democratic Socialist Assembly
The Great Revolutionary Republic of Yazlandia is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Lord President Yaz with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, intelligent population of 10.082 billion Yazlanders love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, socially-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yaztown. The average income tax rate is 3%, but much higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Welfare funding has recently gone through the roof, Yaztown is a police state during international summits, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Yazlandia's national animal is the Jackal, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Money.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Yazlandia was endorsed by The Green Sun Land of Contrapiz.
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Yazlandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Yazlandia, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Yazlandia, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Yazlandia, Yaztown is a police state during international summits.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Yazlandia, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Yazlandia, coalition governments are essential to passing new laws.
- 8 days ago: Yazlandia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 9 days ago: Yazlandia changed its national demonym to "Yazlander".
- 9 days ago: Yazlandia's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".