“Progressio Pro Melior”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: Democratic Socialist Assembly
The Great Revolutionary Republic of Yazlandia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Lord President Yaz with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 9.481 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, socially-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yaztown. Income tax is unheard of. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Artists are pillars of society, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists, and discarded pennies litter the streets. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Yazlandia's national animal is the Jackal, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Money.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Yazlandia was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Yazlandia, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Yazlandia, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
- 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Yazlandia, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
- 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Yazlandia, artists are pillars of society.
- 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Yazlandia, only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare.
- 20 hours ago: Yazlandia endorsed The Althing of Ratateague.
- 20 hours ago: Yazlandia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "World University for Peace".
- 9 days ago: Yazlandia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 13 days ago: Yazlandia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 1%).