The Great Revolutionary Republic of Yazlandia is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Lord President Yaz with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 12.61 billion Yazlanders love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yaztown. The average income tax rate is 54.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Yazlandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,375 trillion Monies a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 109,046 Monies, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure, the government has an "easy come, easy go" policy on youth crime, and extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Yazlandia's national animal is the Jackal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yazlandia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Yazlandia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Yazlandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Yazlandia's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Yazlandia's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Yazlandia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Yazlandia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Yazlandia's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Yazlandia's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Yazlandia was refounded in Osiris.