The Queen's State of Yaue is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, compulsory military service, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed population of 11.678 billion Yaueans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government prioritizes Law & Order, with Social Policy, Education, and Industry also on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 71.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Yauean economy, worth 455 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 39,034 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, programmes of questionable content are shown at peak-hours, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low, and foreigners are treated with great suspicion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yaue's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yaue's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Yaue was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Yaue was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate, Largest Populations, and Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Yaue was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : Yaue was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- : Yaue was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Yaue was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Yaue was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Yaue was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- : Yaue was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.