The Queen's State of Yaue is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and smutty television. The hard-nosed population of 11.176 billion Yaueans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government prioritizes Law & Order, although Social Policy, Education, and Industry are also considered important. The average income tax rate is 71.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Yauean economy, worth 433 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Average income is 38,757 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, programmes of questionable content are shown at peak-hours, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low, and foreigners are treated with great suspicion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yaue's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yaue was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Yaue was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- : Yaue was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Yaue was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- : Yaue was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Yaue was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Yaue was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- : Yaue's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Yaue was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- : Yaue's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".