|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Republic of Yaos is a colossal, pleasant nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its compassionate, cynical population of 8.882 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Commerce and Defence are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 38%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Arms Manufacturing.
Education and welfare spending are on the rise, the mob and the police have had numerous clashes in the back alleys of Yaos's cities recently due to the government's steadfast anti-casino stance, the government has legalised small-scale capitalism, and foreigners are treated with great suspicion. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Yaos's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 15 days ago: Yaos relocated from Balder to Jeqixuv.
- 15 days ago: Yaos was refounded.
- 16 days ago: Yaos ceased to exist.
- 45 days ago: Yaos fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 73 days ago: Yaos was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 76 days ago: Yaos relocated from Osiris to Galapagos.
- 76 days ago: Yaos was refounded.
- 108 days ago: Yaos ceased to exist.
- 160 days ago: Yaos was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 162 days ago: Yaos was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Authoritarian.