|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Queen's State of Yaos is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical population of 12.594 billion Yaosians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 67.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Yaosian economy, worth 677 trillion betales a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 53,791 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Education and welfare spending are on the rise, the mob and the police have had numerous clashes in the back alleys of Yaos's cities recently due to the government's steadfast anti-casino stance, the government has legalised small-scale capitalism, and foreigners are treated with great suspicion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yaos's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 2 hours ago
- 16 hours ago: Yaos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Yaos altered the regional flag of Siam.
- 123 days ago: Yaos fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 205 days ago: Yaos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- 211 days ago: Yaos changed its national nation type to "Queen's State" and its currency to "betale".
- 239 days ago: Yaos changed its national nation type to "State".
- 248 days ago: Yaos fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 287 days ago: Yaos proposed constructing embassies between Siam and Chamber of Commerce.
- 321 days ago: Yaos proposed constructing embassies between Siam and United States Virgin Islands.
- 337 days ago: Yaos proposed constructing embassies between Siam and Guinea Bissau.