The Queen's State of Yaos is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and punitive income tax rates. The cynical population of 13.318 billion Yaosians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 67.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Yaosian economy, worth 715 trillion betales a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 53,712 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Education and welfare spending are on the rise, the mob and the police have had numerous clashes in the back alleys of Yaos's cities recently due to the government's steadfast anti-casino stance, the government has legalised small-scale capitalism, and foreigners are treated with great suspicion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yaos's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity: 32 days ago
- 66 days ago: Yaos's influence in Siam rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 87 days ago: Yaos's influence in Siam fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 108 days ago: Yaos fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 121 days ago: Yaos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- 124 days ago: Yaos altered the regional flag of Siam.
- 244 days ago: Yaos fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 326 days ago: Yaos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- 332 days ago: Yaos changed its national nation type to "Queen's State" and its currency to "betale".
- 360 days ago: Yaos changed its national nation type to "State".
- 1 year 4 days ago: Yaos fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.