|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Queen's State of Yaos is a gargantuan, pleasant nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The compassionate, cynical population of 12.007 billion Yaosians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Commerce and Defence are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 38%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Arms Manufacturing.
Education and welfare spending are on the rise, the mob and the police have had numerous clashes in the back alleys of Yaos's cities recently due to the government's steadfast anti-casino stance, the government has legalised small-scale capitalism, and foreigners are treated with great suspicion. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Yaos's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 31 days ago
- 24 days ago: Yaos fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 106 days ago: Yaos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- 112 days ago: Yaos changed its national nation type to "Queen's State" and its currency to "betale".
- 139 days ago: Yaos changed its national nation type to "State".
- 149 days ago: Yaos fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 187 days ago: Yaos proposed constructing embassies between Siam and Chamber of Commerce.
- 221 days ago: Yaos proposed constructing embassies between Siam and United States Virgin Islands.
- 238 days ago: Yaos proposed constructing embassies between Siam and Guinea Bissau.
- 238 days ago: Yaos proposed constructing embassies between Siam and United States Virgin Islands.
- 268 days ago: Yaos altered the regional flag of Siam.