The Queen's State of Yaos is a gargantuan, orderly nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and punitive income tax rates. The cynical population of 13.51 billion Yaosians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 67.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Yaosian economy, worth 725 trillion betales a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 53,712 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Education and welfare spending are on the rise, the mob and the police have had numerous clashes in the back alleys of Yaos's cities recently due to the government's steadfast anti-casino stance, the government has legalised small-scale capitalism, and foreigners are treated with great suspicion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yaos's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Yaos is ranked 1st in Siam and 73,613th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 56 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 99 days ago: Yaos's influence in Siam rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 120 days ago: Yaos's influence in Siam fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 141 days ago: Yaos fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 154 days ago: Yaos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- 157 days ago: Yaos altered the regional flag of Siam.
- 277 days ago: Yaos fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 359 days ago: Yaos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- 1 year 1 day ago: Yaos changed its national nation type to "Queen's State" and its currency to "betale".
- 1 year 28 days ago: Yaos changed its national nation type to "State".
- 1 year 37 days ago: Yaos fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.