|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Republic of Yaos is a gargantuan, pleasant nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its compassionate, cynical population of 10.884 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Commerce and Defence are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 38%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Arms Manufacturing.
Education and welfare spending are on the rise, the mob and the police have had numerous clashes in the back alleys of Yaos's cities recently due to the government's steadfast anti-casino stance, the government has legalised small-scale capitalism, and foreigners are treated with great suspicion. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Yaos's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: Yaos proposed constructing embassies between Siam and Chamber of Commerce.
- 34 days ago: Yaos proposed constructing embassies between Siam and United States Virgin Islands.
- 51 days ago: Yaos proposed constructing embassies between Siam and Guinea Bissau.
- 51 days ago: Yaos proposed constructing embassies between Siam and United States Virgin Islands.
- 80 days ago: Yaos altered the regional flag of Siam.
- 97 days ago: Yaos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- 104 days ago: Yaos proposed constructing embassies between Siam and World.
- 104 days ago: Yaos proposed constructing embassies between Siam and Freedom Front.
- 104 days ago: Yaos established the regional flag of Siam.
- 104 days ago: Yaos altered its national flag.